Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any recommendations for a great sunshade? I have a premium with leather and don't want to burn my toosh in the heat.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I intend to look for a "breathable" seat cover that only covers the seat and back - doesn't slip on or cover the sides. I don't want a "hot seat" either but I do want the ventilation (Touring) and heat to be able to flow thru whatever I get.

I'm also getting the front side windows tinted. I have no idea how effective that will be but it was part of the "negotiations" and the dealer will be doing it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have the Subaru branded windscreen sunshade and it works awesome! Has cutouts for the eyesight cameras and everything. Pricey but you can online parts dept that sell for less than msrp online.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Reactions: kathytn

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, that's why I don't have this type for my other cars. But I hear they're pretty effective, just depends on how much you want to deal with the folding/unfolding, storing, between uses.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My problem with these is the length when not it use. Where do people store them and still have them accessible to the driver when needed?
I have one, and it is annoying how big it is when not in use. I have the 7-passenger, so what I do is put it on the floor between the 2nd row seats. Fits perfectly, and since it comes with a faux-leather bag, it’s fine if kids walk on it. (Although if I regularly had people sitting in back row this wouldn’t be a good storage spot.)

·
Registered
334 Posts
For my Outback, I had a http://www.heatshield.com. They are planning to make an Ascent version but are waiting for the pattern. I bought the Subaru version because I needed one now. The Subaru version is heavier and stiffer. The heatshield version rolls up and ties with velcro. I don't see myself using the cover sleeve for the Subaru version very often - quite cumbersome. I will probably devise some strap to hold it together. The heatshield version is also lighter but very effective. I can use the Outback version for the Ascent - mine has Eyesight cutouts. It's just not wide enough. I'll use the Subaru version now but first impressions are I will probably want the lighter/easier Heatshield version later.

Reactions: cydyr

·
Registered
357 Posts
+100 for the Subaru version its great had a few and they all have been great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone have any recommendations for a great sunshade? I have a premium with leather and don't want to burn my toosh in the heat.
You have a Premium Ascent with Leather seats instead of cloth?

Can you share pictures please? What is the exterior color and what color leather seats did you choose? I am looking at this option (Premium with Leather seats), and I posted a thread a few hours back and was told that I can do a Limited for leather or Touring bec I am specifically looking for the Java Brown leather seats, but do not want a Touring or Limited.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You have a Premium Ascent with Leather seats instead of cloth?

Can you share pictures please? What is the exterior color and what color leather seats did you choose? I am looking at this option (Premium with Leather seats), and I posted a thread a few hours back and was told that I can do a Limited for leather or Touring bec I am specifically looking for the Java Brown leather seats, but do not want a Touring or Limited.

Came across this looking up sunshades. I have a Premium Ascent with reupholstered leather seats from Classic Soft Trim. And FYI I saved about 4K and didn’t have to wait for an ordered vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I use the OEM sunshade as well. It fits perfectly, and I just leave it between the captain's chairs when not is use. If I am going to have more than three passengers, I throw it behind the 3rd row.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Came across this looking up sunshades. I have a Premium Ascent with reupholstered leather seats from Classic Soft Trim. And FYI I saved about 4K and didn’t have to wait for an ordered vehicle.
Very nice job on those seats.

The Subaru branded ones are made by covercraft. Might be cheaper going that route if you don't care about the logo. I have this for my Silverado and it does a great job at shading the interior.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/uvs100-custom-sunscreen.UV

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.