Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal behavior? Is there a setting?
2020, Touring, just got it.
I've had power sunroofs since the 80s. Not all of them have had auto close, but, 100% of them, when you tell it to close, fully close.

This one just goes to the vent position, then you have to take the extra step to actually close it.

Please tell me I'm doing this wrong. :)

I just know it's going to get left open accidentally.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
745 Posts
Is this normal behavior? Is there a setting?
2020, Touring, just got it.
I've had power sunroofs since the 80s. Not all of them have had auto close, but, 100% of them, when you tell it to close, fully close.

This one just goes to the vent position, then you have to take the extra step to actually close it.

Please tell me I'm doing this wrong. :)

I just know it's going to get left open accidentally.
I'm not aware of any setting that will fully close it with 1 press.

I opened the sun roof every day all summer long and having it close to the vent position actually worked for me because that's how I leave it when parked, unless there is a chance for rain and I'm parked outside.

It does seem like there should be an option to fully close it, maybe tap the Close button twice to bypass the vent position.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
721 Posts
2 taps, and I think the sunroof stops. If it ever gets above freezing out this way again, I'll check it and see. This has been discussed elsewhere, and I do think it's a pretty big oversight on the part of the design engineers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts