Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am absolutely ecstatic to be a part of the Subaru owners community. I have wanted one for years and took the plunge this week. I have 4 kids and another on the way so the Ascent was the only option. I live near beach access and can't wait to dig in and learn all I can about making the Subie mine.

Alex

·
Premium Member
2021 Subaru Ascent Touring
6 Posts
I'm on my second Subaru and if I can attest to anything its that you will love the piece of mind that goes along with owning your vehicle. My old '12 Impreza saved my life when I got T-boned on the drivers side by a drunk driver who ran a stop sign. Got hit by a 5000lb suburban going about 40mph and was able to crawl out the other side of my car and walk it off with no injuries other than a slightly stiff neck.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5, 2021 Ascent Premium on the way
188 Posts
I'm on my second Subaru and if I can attest to anything its that you will love the piece of mind that goes along with owning your vehicle. My old '12 Impreza saved my life when I got T-boned on the drivers side by a drunk driver who ran a stop sign. Got hit by a 5000lb suburban going about 40mph and was able to crawl out the other side of my car and walk it off with no injuries other than a slightly stiff neck.
Wow glad you are ok! Stories like these are a big influence on why we're soon to be a 2 Subaru family. My wife works as a nurse and was friendly with one of the ER nurses. A year or 2 back, there was a bad highway accident in the area and one driver was air lifted to the hospital and I believe the other didn't make it. The nurse just casually mentioned that a lot of the people who "make it" in these situations were in a Subaru, as was the driver who was taken to the hospital that day.

·
Premium Member
2021 Subaru Ascent Touring
6 Posts
Wow glad you are ok! Stories like these are a big influence on why we're soon to be a 2 Subaru family. My wife works as a nurse and was friendly with one of the ER nurses. A year or 2 back, there was a bad highway accident in the area and one driver was air lifted to the hospital and I believe the other didn't make it. The nurse just casually mentioned that a lot of the people who "make it" in these situations were in a Subaru, as was the driver who was taken to the hospital that day.
Funnily enough I actually work as a Nurse Tech in the ER at the largest Level 1 trauma center in the region where I live and I was very aware of how lucky I was to be able to literally walk away from the accident. I see the aftermath of MVCs every day at work and the majority of the time getting T-boned ends up with at the very least some serious injuries, even more so when it was by so large of a vehicle moving at that rate of speed. Its nice to be able to drive around now knowing that I came out relatively unscathed in that serious of a crash and now the vehicle I drive has even better crash ratings and safety features than my old Impreza did. Was gonna drive that car till the wheels fell off, but here we are and I couldn't be happier with my Ascent so far.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a buddy that was in an accident in his Subie and it saved his life! Just cemented the fact I wanted one!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm on my 5th Subaru (2021 Ascent Limited), my wife is on her third. We love our Subies! Welcome to the family!

And, to parrot off the other crash postings, I've seen a few Subaru passengers essentially walk away from accidents. I'm on the trauma service at a Level 2 hospital, but the only trauma center for 3-6hrs depending on which direction you drive, so basically, we get everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts