Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Subie Newbie

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  kabrokes 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am absolutely ecstatic to be a part of the Subaru owners community. I have wanted one for years and took the plunge this week. I have 4 kids and another on the way so the Ascent was the only option. I live near beach access and can't wait to dig in and learn all I can about making the Subie mine.

Alex

#3 ·
I'm on my second Subaru and if I can attest to anything its that you will love the piece of mind that goes along with owning your vehicle. My old '12 Impreza saved my life when I got T-boned on the drivers side by a drunk driver who ran a stop sign. Got hit by a 5000lb suburban going about 40mph and was able to crawl out the other side of my car and walk it off with no injuries other than a slightly stiff neck.

#4 ·
Wow glad you are ok! Stories like these are a big influence on why we're soon to be a 2 Subaru family. My wife works as a nurse and was friendly with one of the ER nurses. A year or 2 back, there was a bad highway accident in the area and one driver was air lifted to the hospital and I believe the other didn't make it. The nurse just casually mentioned that a lot of the people who "make it" in these situations were in a Subaru, as was the driver who was taken to the hospital that day.

#7 ·
I'm on my 5th Subaru (2021 Ascent Limited), my wife is on her third. We love our Subies! Welcome to the family!

And, to parrot off the other crash postings, I've seen a few Subaru passengers essentially walk away from accidents. I'm on the trauma service at a Level 2 hospital, but the only trauma center for 3-6hrs depending on which direction you drive, so basically, we get everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.