Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Been stalking this forum for a while and gathering a lot of information around how to go about getting the best price for a new Ascent. I'm hoping the below information is useful to some folks who are looking to buy an ascent.

I'm currently in the process of using @panter5150's well defined process https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/...-purchasing/2731-vip-order-beginning-end.html in purchasing the ascent.

I also had a list of accessories that i wanted to tack on to the ascent as well. As was mentioned in a different thread, costco prices seem to be different vs the prices listed when building your ascent.

For eg: The rear bumper cover

So why does Costcoauto list a different MSRP price vs Subaru.com? Because Subaru actually has 2 different prices for some accessories!

This is how I verified this claim.

Costcoauto lists a part number for this item - E771SXC000
Take this part number and search on parts.subaru.com and you get the same price as costcoauto! If you expand 'what this fits', the subaru ascent shows up.

So here's my question, why does subaru.com have 2 prices for the same thing? What am i missing?

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
Simple answer is, Costco is wrong.

More detailed answer is, as a for instance, using the rear bumper cover as an example, the un-installed MSRP is $84.95. When you order it as part of a car, it comes installed (roof rails do not), so the MSRP is different.

So, depending on whether the part is installed (hitch, bumper cover, etc) or not (roof rails), the MSRP that Costo shows may not be accurate.

Also, non Subaru sites don't always update the prices when parts change or prices change.

HTH

·
Registered
965 Posts
Simple answer is, Costco is wrong.
/\/\/\/\/\

I've run into this many times over the years when someone comes in saying they 'built' the car on True Car.

My price sheet (updated 10/19/18 - and no, I won't share it) shows the rear bumper cover MSRP at $120, with .15 hours of labor for install. It also shows the retail cost of this accessory installed - what my vehicle invoice would have on it for the rear bumper cover. As Robert said - Costco is wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.