Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Abyss Blue Pearl
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm a new member here so please be patient if I break protocol.

I'm getting familiar with our new Ascent's systems and operation. I have an Android phone and once I disabled wireless access on Android Auto, and added the Ascent as a trusted device, it really works well.

One question I have is with regards to voice commands. When I press the voice command button on the steering while, I only get my phone when it's plugged in to the USB hub. I'm used to a short press getting the cars voice commands, and long press getting the phone commands. But now matter what I do, I can only get the phone when it's plugged in.

Is that the expected behavior? From looking at the manual, it looks like I should be able to talk to either with the right button sequence.

Thx in advance for any advice you can share.

·
Administrator
7,946 Posts
AFAIK, no one has gotten the HK head unit to act like that (dual mode) with Android Auto. Hoping to be proven wrong.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have not been able to enact anything via voice commands other than Android when the phone is plugged in. It seems to overtake everything. And if my wife plugs in her iPhone afterward it goes into CarPlay. My other car stays with Android if I plug that in first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts