Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the predicament I am in. My wife’s last vehicle had ventilated seats that did very little. I could barely even tell they were on. However on my vehicle the ventilated seats are amazing and work great. Does anyone have a Subaru with with ventilated seats? If so, how well do they cool? This, along with front camera, would be the main reason we order a touring.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So here is the predicament I am in. My wife’s last vehicle had ventilated seats that did very little. I could barely even tell they were on. However on my vehicle the ventilated seats are amazing and work great. Does anyone have a Subaru with with ventilated seats? If so, how well do they cool? This, along with front camera, would be the main reason we order a touring.
Just curious, what vehicle do you have now that has amazing ventilated seats and which vehicle had the seats that did very little?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an Infiniti q70 with great ventilated seats. We had a 2015 Escalade that almost had useless ventilated seats, along with many other problems:(
I should note that these are the only 2 cars we’ve had with ventilated seats, so not much to compare with.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe the Ascent Touring will be the first Subaru with ventilated seats and front camera. So until there’s some feedback from new owners we are all in the dark unless it’s been covered in any of the trade reviews.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have an Infiniti q70 with great ventilated seats. We had a 2015 Escalade that almost had useless ventilated seats, along with many other problems:(
I should note that these are the only 2 cars we’ve had with ventilated seats, so not much to compare with.
I'm curious about this as well. My wife's Hyundai Sonata has them and they work pretty well. I test drove a Ford Expedition and they worked so well you would shiver from the cold air. I also looked at 4Runners and the ventilated seats were horrible (same on Lexus GX) they only moved air near your knees and your backside would still sweat like crazy.

It appears that Subaru has the ventilation in the correct spots in the back seat area and lower back but the question is how much air will it put out. So I'm in for those who have a response!

·
Registered
978 Posts
I think There was a diagram of the AC venting pretty sure it showed a vent under the two front seats. Our Fusion uses a under seat vent with the ventilated seats that chill your bum pretty effectively. Like I said if you can find the vent diagram maybe owners manual that should give you an idea on their effectiveness.

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
An online review by Brendan at Groove Subaru said the ventilated seats work pretty well. I never tried them personally.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I tried them on my short test drive, and they were nice. My only comparison is with a Lincoln MKZ with cooled seats, and the Lincoln was much stronger than the Ascent. I actually preferred the Ascent in my limited experience, as the Lincoln felt too cold and unnatural. I am sure once people start receiving their vehicles, we will get better reviews.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
965 Posts
There haven't been any Subaru with ventilated seats prior to the Ascent.

During my test drives of the car, they worked okay. I prefer ventilated seats versus cooled seats, if you have to choose, simply because cooled seats tend to give me the feeling like I've pee'd my pants.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I tried them on my short test drive, and they were nice. My only comparison is with a Lincoln MKZ with cooled seats, and the Lincoln was much stronger than the Ascent. I actually preferred the Ascent in my limited experience, as the Lincoln felt too cold and unnatural. I am sure once people start receiving their vehicles, we will get better reviews.
I used them on the Ascent demo drives I've been on and would agree you can feel them but they aren't overly invasive or make you feel cold. I used them on a 90°+ day we had recently and it was nice to have them on full steam vs when i tried them on a cooler day I set it at the min setting and could still feel it and ended up turning it off part way through my drive. I've had limited experience with others vehicles but have tried them in a Cadillac CTS-V and it felt comparable to that. This is all subjective as everyone has a different comfort zone and tolerance to cold/heat so take it for what it is and best way to know for sure is go drive one and test it once available.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Picked up my new Ascent Touring today. I live in Georgia and it has been VERY hot so far this summer. Part of the reason I went with the Touring model so I could get the ventilated seats. On full blast, 3 blue bars, it feels pretty nice on your back. In the manual it recommends you only do 1 or 2 bars, low or medium, if you plan on using it for an extended period of time. The ventilated seats in conjunction with the regular AC should work plenty well IMO. For reference I was out driving today and the onboard thermometer in the car read 100 deg continuously.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The key is to remember they are ventilated seats, not cooled seats. It is pulling air from just behind the top of the driver seat and blowing it down the back to where it comes out of the back of the chair and the bottom of the chair. It is blow room temperature air that is not cooled in any way.

But after driving a touring pretty much all day it was pretty nice. I think I'm going to miss that once my Limited finally arrives.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I trades an Acura on my Touring and as we drove home it was 90 outside and our seated worked as good my wife said better than the Acura. Our only problem so far is 1 remote that lets you drive the car but will not lock/unlock anything. We just went for our first night drive and was very impressed with dash lights and the accent lighting. I have had a Cadillac, Lincoln & the Acura with cooled or ventilated seats and these are just as good

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a touring with the cooling seats. The first time I used it I could tell it was working, but the rest of the time (4times)I haven't been able to tell they were on. But that mirror is the bomb. I don't go anywhere without it on. I've only had it 2 months.

·
Registered
10 Posts
here's my thoughts on the ventilated seats. they are ventilated, no active cooling. so it works, but don't expect it to be "cool". Fords are the best because they are actively cooled via peltier cooler. Subaru just uses a fan to move heat away thus passively cooling. If you don't think it works turn it off while driving on a hot day, turn it on after awhile. You'll feel better, but it 'll never be as cold as an active cooling seat.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,443 Posts
I will add that the direction of the ventilation air flow has impact on the effect, too. My previous vehicle blew "up" and it was somewhat refreshing, especially with garments that were more conductive to air flow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts