Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone using this forum ever been surveyed by Subaru regarding their satisfaction with the car itself including build quality, handling, performance etc. not about the dealership purchase experience? When I worked for John Deere we periodically sent a satisfaction first survey to owners with extensive questions of what we could do to improve quality, performance, comfort and productivity. This information was shared throughout the factory to help us understand what we did well and where improvements were needed. Overall I'm happy with my 2021 Ascent Touring but there are several things that I would like to convey to the Engineer design team and especially the assembly plant management. It's disappointing there seems to be no interest in customer feedback other than dealer satisfaction.

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
Yes, I have.

Regardless, everyone can submit feedback through the website or directly via email, and, Subaru really and truly does, keep track of them. For instance, it's why they added a switch for the interior lights, paid Harman Kardon to update the head unit to allow turning off weather notifications, introduced a black interior for the Touring models, and numerous other changes, large and small, across their models.

·
Registered
791 Posts
About 3 or 4 months after we bought the car we received a survey from an independent firm hired by Subaru. If I recall correctly it covered pretty much all aspects of the car, and I don't recall that it was focused at all on the dealership experience. This also happened with our jaguar purchase. I think the name of the firm began with an "M" but I am not sure.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,176 Posts
I only received the dealership experience survey.

As a first time Subaru owner after a lifetime of Mazda, Toyota, Ford, Chevy, Mopar I could write a book on Subaru's "uniquenesses".

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Even if I did get a survey (which, maybe I did?) I haven't driven the car enough to really form a strong opinion one way or another. While I have owned the car for about a year now, I have only put 3000 miles on it.

There are even some aspects of the car I haven't had an opportunity to explore, e.g. drives on the freeway.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Has anyone using this forum ever been surveyed by Subaru regarding their satisfaction with the car itself including build quality, handling, performance etc. not about the dealership purchase experience? When I worked for John Deere we periodically sent a satisfaction first survey to owners with extensive questions of what we could do to improve quality, performance, comfort and productivity. This information was shared throughout the factory to help us understand what we did well and where improvements were needed. Overall I'm happy with my 2021 Ascent Touring but there are several things that I would like to convey to the Engineer design team and especially the assembly plant management. It's disappointing there seems to be no interest in customer feedback other than dealer satisfaction.
Based on the 2020 CSR below, PDF page 106, feedbacks are received and process via dealerships and SOA. In the 2017 CSR, there's an emphasis for dealerships to be structured to handle customer satisfaction. The way dealership does it is very annoying, they'll call you for Customer Satisfaction Survey at the wrong time and the online survey has limited access. I PM'ed you two subaru contacts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.