Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I didn't see an Ascent, only a Ford Explorer and a Nissan Rogue. Both were idiots and were very lucky no one was hurt or they could have ended up in prison. With all the dash cams out there these days, misbehave on the road and the cops may show up at your door the next day. I'm sure these two got a visit.

I'm always amazed at how people who are cordial in public can instantly turn into such nutcases when on the road, and usually over the slightest things. We all make mistakes driving on occasion, there no need for anyone to go crazy with road rage over it.

It's sad that there is a universal figure gesture to tell someone you're very angry, but none nearly as effective to apologize.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am thinking also the dark car is a Nissan Rogue (appropriately).
I wouldn't expect any Subarus to be driven in this way until they are much older and on their 2nd,3rd or more owner, i.e. someone who does not fit the Subaru new car buyer demographic.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The comments of the video said, "the driver of the Nissan was ticketed, and taken into custody by police, as he was driving on a suspended license."

·
Administrator
11,392 Posts
There are no Subies involved.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Looks like a complete A-Hole in the Outback camped out in the left lane, forcing the other to go around, then speeds up like an A-Hole. Dumbass. Lucky he/she didn’t roll their Outback or kill an oncoming motorist in the other lanes. Hope they get some jail time and some healthy fines n classes.
No love for A-Hole left lane campers. A-Hole got very lucky.
If you’ve got nobody in front of you and somebody wants to pass GTFO the left lane, A-Hole!

DON’T CAMP IN THE LEFT LANE PEOPLE!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks like a complete A-Hole in the Outback camped out in the left lane, forcing the other to go around, then speeds up like an A-Hole. Dumbass. Lucky he/she didn’t roll their Outback or kill an oncoming motorist in the other lanes. Hope they get some jail time and some healthy fines n classes.
No love for A-Hole left lane campers. A-Hole got very lucky.
If you’ve got nobody in front of you and somebody wants to pass GTFO the left lane, A-Hole!

DON’T CAMP IN THE LEFT LANE PEOPLE!!!
Yes, it is frustrating when the person you are behind in the left lane is only going slightly faster than the car to the right.

However, there was no reason for the Lexus driver to move into the left lane and hit the brakes- other than to "stick it to" the Outback driver.

The Outback driver did something annoying (especially speeding up). The Lexus driver did something dangerous.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nope, totally Outback drivers fault.
It is illegal in most states to camp in left lane like that. Outback driver sped up and wouldn’t let the other car in. At fault in multiple ways long before the brake check.
Let me guess. You’re a left-lane camper, sounds like.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nope, totally Outback drivers fault.
It is illegal in most states to camp in left lane like that. Outback driver sped up and wouldn’t let the other car in. At fault in multiple ways long before the brake check.
Let me guess. You’re a left-lane camper, sounds like.
Let me guess, you're someone who can't accept a contrary opinion without insulting the other party. I guess calling your "left-lane camper" frustrating and annoying wasn't clear enough. :rolleyes:

However annoying the Outback driver was being, the Lexus driver could have just gone on his merry way after getting around the Tesla. There doesn't look to be any physical danger until the Lexus cuts off the Outback. By your own logic, why was the Lexus driver determined to be in the left lane when the right lane was clear ahead?

Although speeding up so someone can't pass is a jerk move, it's still worlds away from purposefully cutting someone off at high speed. One of those two actions is far more likely to cause a wreck. Is teaching your "A-Hole" a lesson worth killing someone?

I think I won't bother to address the logic that doing something illegal on the highway means you are at fault if someone else takes a willful (and also illegal) action that could wreck you.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Let me guess, you're someone who can't accept a contrary opinion without insulting the other party. I guess calling your "left-lane camper" frustrating and annoying wasn't clear enough. :rolleyes:

However annoying the Outback driver was being, the Lexus driver could have just gone on his merry way after getting around the Tesla. There doesn't look to be any physical danger until the Lexus cuts off the Outback. By your own logic, why was the Lexus driver determined to be in the left lane when the right lane was clear ahead?

Although speeding up so someone can't pass is a jerk move, it's still worlds away from purposefully cutting someone off at high speed. One of those two actions is far more likely to cause a wreck. Is teaching your "A-Hole" a lesson worth killing someone?

I think I won't bother to address the logic that doing something illegal on the highway means you are at fault if someone else takes a willful (and also illegal) action that could wreck you.
Call 'em like I see 'em. You need to rewatch the vid apparantly.

The Outback driver wouldn't let the Lexus driver "Go on his merry way" so your point doesn't reflect reality. The Outback driver was the at-fault aggressor.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Don't be a left-lane camper, plain and simple.
All of this could've been avoided.
It's not your job to "control" the speed of traffic because you think somebody should obey your wishes.
GTFO the way if you have somebody behind that needs to get by - plain and simple. Don't complicate it any further from there.
Not your job to evaluate if they need to get by you or drive a certain speed limit.
It's the law, it's courteous and it's common sense.

Any discussion beyond that is irrelevant.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Call 'em like I see 'em. You need to rewatch the vid apparantly.

The Outback driver wouldn't let the Lexus driver "Go on his merry way" so your point doesn't reflect reality. The Outback driver was the at-fault aggressor.
Just can't resist the insults, eh? Perhaps you could enlighten as to what compels the Lexus driver to want to take over the role of "A-Hole" "left-lane camper" so badly that it's worth risking being rear-ended over.

After passing the Tesla, the Lexus is AHEAD of the Outback in the right hand lane. At which point the Lexus can continue to outpace the other "A-Hole" "left-lane camper." There is nothing in his merry way. The Outback driver no longer has a say in the matter unless the Lexus driver slows down.

Yes, all of this could have been avoided. That doesn't make it right that the Lexus driver turned a minor frustration into a potentially murderous act.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Just can't resist the insults, eh? Perhaps you could enlighten as to what compels the Lexus driver to want to take over the role of "A-Hole" "left-lane camper" so badly that it's worth risking being rear-ended over.

After passing the Tesla, the Lexus is AHEAD of the Outback in the right hand lane. At which point the Lexus can continue to outpace the other "A-Hole" "left-lane camper." There is nothing in his merry way. The Outback driver no longer has a say in the matter unless the Lexus driver slows down.

Yes, all of this could have been avoided. That doesn't make it right that the Lexus driver turned a minor frustration into a potentially murderous act.
At the point the Lexus was able to get into the lane he should've had in the first place, they were doing WAY past the speed I'm sure was intended (because of A-Hole Subaru driver continuing to be an A-Hole) - of course he's going to hit the brakes.
Not his problem if the Subaru A-Hole is 1 foot off his back bumper at that point. Tailgating is also illegal and extremely dangerous at that speed..

So again, all couldv'e been avoided if the Subaru driver wasn't camping and being an A-Hole, and CONTINUED being an A-Hole, endangering everybody on the road.

You used the phrase "minor annoyance". As I originally suspected, I can guarantee you're one of these types you are sympathizing with. You should learn from this video, next time you think your illegal actions are a "minor annoyance" to other drivers. The law was specifically passed for people like you - plain and simple. You're opinion is way late to the party. People have died because of left-lane camping causing other drivers to have to take action. It's the law for a reason. I get to see these shenanigans all the time on the Interstate. Everybody's doing great, obeying the law, traffic is flowing, and then some A-Hole is camped and causes a massive cluster to all around. I can almost always predict what is about to happen and usually sit back and watch the show to get over before I get around the whole thing. I've seen left-lane campers instigate hundreds of incidents of road-rage and endanger truckers and every other driver in proximity. I've seen pile-ups caused by left lane campers, I've seen the left-lane campers cause other cars to crash into concrete barriers and I've seen campers end up flying through the air ass over tea kettle into a ditch on the Interstate.

Seen it actually happen many times.

Don't freaking do it and don't sympathize with those that do. I know a couple of people who will actually immediately report it, with video proof, whenever they see it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts