Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the My Subaru or Subaru StarLink apps?
I tried the My Subaru app 2 years ago when I first got my Forester and got no where with it. Took it off my phone,
I just went to download the Subaru Starlink app and by the looks of the reviews, things haven't improved much if any.
So, please let me know if it works for you, or if it's not worth my time to mess with it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
With the paid subscription, the My Subaru app will allow remote starting with setting climate controls and seat heat, lock/unlocking, finding current location, sounding horn, flashing lights, setting boundary/speed/curfew alerts, vehicle health report and condition check, recalls and service compaigns, contacting roadside assistance...
It works as long as the Ascent is in cell coverage and your phone has a cell data or wifi internet connection.

Subaru Starlink is far less useful.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
With the paid subscription, the My Subaru app will allow remote starting with setting climate controls and seat heat, lock/unlocking, finding current location, sounding horn, flashing lights, setting boundary/speed/curfew alerts, vehicle health report and condition check, recalls and service compaigns, contacting roadside assistance...
It works as long as the Ascent is in cell coverage and your phone has a cell data or wifi internet connection.

Subaru Starlink is far less useful.
my experience as well.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,742 Posts
MySubaru is the app you want and is what is used for remote start and other features, depending on what level of Starlink subscription you have. The "Starlink" app has been deprecated, for the most part.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the app on my phone. It’s annoying and I am not sure what Subaru expects it to do.

The most annoying thing is that when I plug my iPhone into the car, it starts up and STARLINK stuff that does nothing for me. Yesterday I tried to use the gps and it tried to take over the gps. I could not watch the maps on the screen and I had to monitor my iPhone for directions.

I have the app to use it when I want to.
I do not want it to pop up and take over my phone when I am in the car.
I do not want it to mess with CarPlay.
I do not want it to be connected to the network all day, everyday.

I want it when I want it.
I want it to schedule a service.
I want it to review the status of the car.
I want it to show me when some event occurs for me to be made aware of. Not get an email from carfax.
I want it to link to the network when I use the app only.

It seems I have to go crack to the 20th century. Using a regular and fax. I am considering removing it from my iPhone.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I have the app on my phone. It’s annoying and I am not sure what Subaru expects it to do.

The most annoying thing is that when I plug my iPhone into the car, it starts up and STARLINK stuff that does nothing for me. Yesterday I tried to use the gps and it tried to take over the gps. I could not watch the maps on the screen and I had to monitor my iPhone for directions.

I have the app to use it when I want to.
I do not want it to pop up and take over my phone when I am in the car.
I do not want it to mess with CarPlay.
I do not want it to be connected to the network all day, everyday.

I want it when I want it.
I want it to schedule a service.
I want it to review the status of the car.
I want it to show me when some event occurs for me to be made aware of. Not get an email from carfax.
I want it to link to the network when I use the app only.

It seems I have to go crack to the 20th century. Using a regular and fax. I am considering removing it from my iPhone.
Remove starlink app. Keep mysubaru app. Subaru wants it be annoying

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Subaru app keeps crashing then I have to delete it and reinstall for it to work again. This has happened many times already and I've owned my Ascent since late fall.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
this is not occured with my phone (Samsung S10). I have not read of this issue before your post. I wonder if it might be something else on your phone.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Make a WatchOS widget for MySubaru to be able to remote start my vehicle from my watch with the preferred settings found in the iPhone App,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts