Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short version: Subaru is only offering me a $250 loyalty coupon (not $500 like most other people seem to be getting). What should I do?

Long version: I just bought a new 2021 Ascent Premium on Sunday. I called Subaru's customer service line the next day (as they were not open on Sunday) to ask about the customer loyalty program and request a $500 rebate check or coupon toward accessories. After taking the VINs of both our vehicles, the representative put me on hold and then came back and offered me a $250 coupon for service and parts. I said that everyone on the Ascent forum seemed to be getting $500 (either as a coupon or rebate check), and she just said that their incentives change all the time, and this is what they can currently offer.

Do you think the lower coupon amount is because our other car -- a 2018 Forester -- was purchased used in 2019 instead of brand new? It sounds like maybe the loyalty coupon is dependent on how many Subarus you have and whether you use the service department.

Should I accept the $250 or keep trying for more?

·
Registered
368 Posts
It may also be because you've already made the purchase and are asking for a credit afterwards. I believe most of the loyalty coupons people have gotten are a discount on the sale price.

I didn't get anything as this is my first Subaru so $250 looks pretty good from here. :)

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
547 Posts
Same, I got nothing after the fact. Just $500 off the sale price, but I had 3 Subaru's before the Ascent.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Short version: Subaru is only offering me a $250 loyalty coupon (not $500 like most other people seem to be getting). What should I do?

Long version: I just bought a new 2021 Ascent Premium on Sunday. I called Subaru's customer service line the next day (as they were not open on Sunday) to ask about the customer loyalty program and request a $500 rebate check or coupon toward accessories. After taking the VINs of both our vehicles, the representative put me on hold and then came back and offered me a $250 coupon for service and parts. I said that everyone on the Ascent forum seemed to be getting $500 (either as a coupon or rebate check), and she just said that their incentives change all the time, and this is what they can currently offer.

Do you think the lower coupon amount is because our other car -- a 2018 Forester -- was purchased used in 2019 instead of brand new? It sounds like maybe the loyalty coupon is dependent on how many Subarus you have and whether you use the service department.

Should I accept the $250 or keep trying for more?
never negotiate from a deficit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Incentives do change from time-to-time and sometimes are region specific, so that part may be true. You also don't really have any leverage since you already made the purchase; I'd probably just take the $250 and move on. Seems like you'll go back-and-forth and not get very far with this - your time has value too...

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's a sellers market. Until shopper's patterns change there will continue to be little incentives, discounts or "deals".

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Anyone know if a program like this exists in Canada?
Quick google search seems to indicate that a loyalty program exists in the form of a rate reduction.

It pays to drive with Subaru, in more ways than one. As a valued Subaru Financial Services customer, you may qualify for a 1% Loyalty Bonus* rate reduction when you lease or finance your next vehicle with Subaru’s exciting offers.
* Final lease or finance rates cannot be lower than 0.50%

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Premium Blue Abyss
249 Posts
I got my loyalty coupon/certificate in June.. July is the start of the new fiscal year so it's possible they've changed it. AND it took me several calls to even get someone to even understand what I was asking for.
I also think they give amounts on how long you've owned the previous subie or several other subies.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,440 Posts
Agree...our Subaru vehicle history plus clear evidence in the records of using dealer services across the board, netted me $750. Twice. The program changes over time and there are multiple factors they use when they make an offer. Take what was offered ane be happy...it's not zero which would be the case with many brands right now when it comes to rebates. (which is what the Loyalty program is...a rebate. IE "cash" toward the purchase)

If I had to buy right now, I'd be very happy to get $250 considering the market situation.

Reactions: justmatt
1 - 12 of 12 Posts