Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm writing this post to provide a heads up pertaining to a popular online OEM Subaru parts dealer, subaruonlineparts dot com (SOP for short). Bottom Line Up Front: It's still too early to see if they do the right thing by me or not. Let me know what you think, any constructive advise is welcome.

On 18 Feb I ordered approximately $300 in OEM parts from SOP, splash guards, interior option parts etc. Today, 27 Feb, I decided to check the FedEx tracking numbers they provided because it's been some time and I learned the parts were delivered three days ago, 24 Feb, to a previous residential address I had on file with them that I moved from about one year ago. I had purchased from them before at that address. The thing is I provided my current address as my billing and shipping address when I placed the new order. I double checked my order confirmation email from SOP and it reflects I provided the correct address (Current).

I called their customer service line for support/resolution and spoke to a gentleman named Jerry. I told him what's going on and his immediate reaction was to tell me I need to call FedEx and ask them what address SOP put on the shipping label to see if it was their fault or not and call him back, then ended the conversation without little if any reassurance. So I called FedEx customer service with the tracking info and FedEx was able to verify SOP put the wrong address on the shipping label. I tried to call Jerry back via the customer service number but no answer. So I used SOP's instant chat on their website to try to contact customer service again and luckily it was Jerry on the other end. I told him FedEx confirmed SOP put the incorrect address on the shipping label. His response was for me to draft my compliant via email to their sales department so the issue could be run by management.

I subsequently sent the following email to the address Jerry provided a few hours ago:

Title: Order 37### Shipped to Incorrect Address

Per my conversation with your customer service representative Jerry, I am drafting this email for management to resolve an issue regarding my order, 37###, being shipped to the incorrect address.

The billing and shipping address I provided for the order was (redacted) Lytle, TX 78052 which is reflected in my order confirmation info.

But the shipping label you guys provided FedEx had an old address, (redacted) El Paso, TX 79934 on it and the items were delivered there on 24 Feb 2020.

Jerry asked me to call FedEx to verify what address you provided them and using the tracking numbers for the order they stated the label reflects you shipped the items to my old address rather than my current address which is reflected in my order information.

FedEx stated you can call them at 1-800-463-3339 with the tracking numbers to verify which address you put on the labels for your record.

At this point it looks like you guys shipped the items to an address other than the address I provided that's reflected in my order confirmation and I would like to know what you can do to correct this issue be it a refund or ship the appropriate items to the correct address.

Thank you for your support in this matter.

Very Respectfully,
(redacted)

As of this point I'm waiting for management's response. I'll keep you all posted on how they treat this.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I'm writing this post to provide a heads up pertaining to a popular online OEM Subaru parts dealer, subaruonlineparts dot com (SOP for short). Bottom Line Up Front: It's still too early to see if they do the right thing by me or not. Let me know what you think, any constructive advise is welcome.

On 18 Feb I ordered approximately $300 in OEM parts from SOP, splash guards, interior option parts etc. Today, 27 Feb, I decided to check the FedEx tracking numbers they provided because it's been some time and I learned the parts were delivered three days ago, 24 Feb, to a previous residential address I had on file with them that I moved from about one year ago. I had purchased from them before at that address. The thing is I provided my current address as my billing and shipping address when I placed the new order. I double checked my order confirmation email from SOP and it reflects I provided the correct address (Current).

I called their customer service line for support/resolution and spoke to a gentleman named Jerry. I told him what's going on and his immediate reaction was to tell me I need to call FedEx and ask them what address SOP put on the shipping label to see if it was their fault or not and call him back, then ended the conversation without little if any reassurance. So I called FedEx customer service with the tracking info and FedEx was able to verify SOP put the wrong address on the shipping label. I tried to call Jerry back via the customer service number but no answer. So I used SOP's instant chat on their website to try to contact customer service again and luckily it was Jerry on the other end. I told him FedEx confirmed SOP put the incorrect address on the shipping label. His response was for me to draft my compliant via email to their sales department so the issue could be run by management.

I subsequently sent the following email to the address Jerry provided a few hours ago:

Title: Order 37### Shipped to Incorrect Address

Per my conversation with your customer service representative Jerry, I am drafting this email for management to resolve an issue regarding my order, 37###, being shipped to the incorrect address.

The billing and shipping address I provided for the order was (redacted) Lytle, TX 78052 which is reflected in my order confirmation info.

But the shipping label you guys provided FedEx had an old address, (redacted) El Paso, TX 79934 on it and the items were delivered there on 24 Feb 2020.

Jerry asked me to call FedEx to verify what address you provided them and using the tracking numbers for the order they stated the label reflects you shipped the items to my old address rather than my current address which is reflected in my order information.

FedEx stated you can call them at 1-800-463-3339 with the tracking numbers to verify which address you put on the labels for your record.

At this point it looks like you guys shipped the items to an address other than the address I provided that's reflected in my order confirmation and I would like to know what you can do to correct this issue be it a refund or ship the appropriate items to the correct address.

Thank you for your support in this matter.

Very Respectfully,
(redacted)

As of this point I'm waiting for management's response. I'll keep you all posted on how they treat this.
You are much more generous with your time and patience. If I had documentation as you do that the order had the correct address, I would simply dispute the charge on the credit card. I would make them prove you received the order [which of course they could not]. A customer should never have to do this work for them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are much more generous with your time and patience. If I had documentation as you do that the order had the correct address, I would simply dispute the charge on the credit card. I would make them prove you received the order [which of course they could not]. A customer should never have to do this work for them.
I’m guessing either a young employee in fulfillment accidentally printed the wrong address, or their automated system pulled the wrong one. Either way someone didn’t double check to make sure the address on the FedEx label matched the one on the order.

Since it’s probably an internal accident I figured I’d at least give them a couple business days to get back to me, admit the screw up and make me whole. For better or worse at least people on the Subie forums have a data point on if they want to buy parts from them or not based on the customer service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I agree it was kinda off putting how he made me contact FedEx to make sure their label was/wasn’t correct rather than do that legwork himself.

Hopefully whoever he had me email up the flagpole is a little more motivated to fix their screwup lol. Unjust enrichment...something for me to google :)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hopefully SOP will do the right thing and send you what you ordered to the address that you provided. If not, many of the folks reading this probably won’t be too interested in using them in the future.

This is pretty clear so I suspect they will take care of you and all will be ok. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I’m not mad. How they respond will determine that haha. But since it is a popular place to order OEM dealer option parts for a bit less than dealer prices I figured I’d share this situation and how their CS stacks up ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update

Good news, a manager contacted me and verified their shipping department messed the shipping up. He subsequently offered to either provide a refund or replacement order. I received tracking for my replacement today and provided them with contact info pertaining to the owner of my old home so that hopefully they can recover their merchandise.
All in all Jerry needs to work on his CS but the manager was great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts