Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on visiting the Subaru of Indiana Plant in June. Has anybody been there and have any tips on the plant or on the surrounding area? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took my Outback to the plant just after getting it. Make sure you make a reservation through the SIA website to go on the factory tour. Its a college (Purdue) town so there are those types of things to do there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I have made the reservation. They even have a hotel the gives a good discount to folks going on the tour.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
June 12th still has 14 places open. Then later the same week is the Subaru Color 5k run/walk. Sounds like a fun week at the Subie plant.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Maybe post this in the Facebook group?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Robert thanks for the suggestion but I guess I am one of the few who don't do Facebook. If any one else does fell free to post it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Robert thanks for the suggestion but I guess I am one of the few who don't do Facebook. If any one else does fell free to post it.
I am also a member of that few. Maybe we should start a MeWe Subaru Ascent group. I have a great deal more confidence in that crew where data security is concerned.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I actually used to work there, in the computer room, from 1998-2001. That was when it was a shared factory with Isuzu. It's a cool place. I used to walk the tour catwalk every day at lunch.

Local tip: If you like beer, or even just an amazing burger and "cheesy potato munchers" go to Lafayette Brewing Company in downtown Lafayette. It's like the only thing I miss from living in Lafayette. If they're at all as good as they were back then, it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I actually used to work there, in the computer room, from 1998-2001. That was when it was a shared factory with Isuzu. It's a cool place. I used to walk the tour catwalk every day at lunch.

Local tip: If you like beer, or even just an amazing burger and "cheesy potato munchers" go to Lafayette Brewing Company in downtown Lafayette. It's like the only thing I miss from living in Lafayette. If they're at all as good as they were back then, it'll be worth it.
My nephew used to work there as well. I'll have to ask him how many years he was there.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just curious is anyone else from this Forum going to tour the Subaru plant on June 12th or join the Subaru 5K color run/walk?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.