Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone in the forum purchased a Subaru in Massachusetts?

If so, was looking for advice on what particular Dealers to work with. I live in the Greater Boston Area and there are a handful of dealerships nearby, but I'm hoping to find one that would allow me to purchase using the VIP Pricing Partner program.

I saw that one particular Dealer appears to accept VIP Pricing based on the Google Doc shared in the other thread. I still want to test drive, so wanted to avoid contacting that Dealer and also wanted to know if there were other Dealers where I could more likely negotiate a good price in case inventory is constrained.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Our daughter just had to use Clay Subaru's service department this past weekend. I helped her out and was the contact person. I would recommend them highly. No experience with the sales dept (yet).

·
Registered
775 Posts
I think your best bet is just to email everybody and ask them for their best offer. I took a competitive published offer from a local dealership (that I actually went to, but the sales person was a real jerk) and sent it to two dealerships, one in the Berkshires (where we do spend part of the year, but we didn't physically go to that dealership) and the other in Central Connecticut, (where I did actually test drive a car, and I liked the salesperson). They both wanted to sell me a car enough that they beat that price considerably, and I was able to negotiate some other freebies as well.... All from the comfort of your phone or computer.

In the end I wouldn't waste too much time over a couple hundred bucks.

If $(insert dollar amount here) is that big of a deal, then you probably should reconsider how much you're spending on a car. The interest rate you get on a loan, should you take one, will likely be a bigger factor than a couple hundred bucks on the sale price of the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi KP43 - I recently ordered a 2020 ascent in MA. I talked to and corresponded with ~10 dealers and went in person to 3 or 4. I ended up ordering with VIP pricing through Planet Subaru, they seemed to be the most honest/not playing games and also had competitive non-VIP pricing.
Clay Subaru also said they would accept VIP pricing, but when I walked into to the dealership (prior to mentioning/discussing VIP pricing) and met with a salesperson, he didn't seem very knowledgable, enthusiastic, or straight-talking.

I'm happy to share more insight either here or through direct message.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts