Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was your follow up appointment experience.

I contacted my salesman about it as he said it would happen when we had our add on service appointments. Because of the hitch availability problem that didn't work as planned. We were told it would be with an expert named "Robert".

Well it ended up being with our salesman who really didn't know the Subaru features that well. We was flustered with our questions, and it all seemed rushed and hurried. It definitely wasn't the 45 minutes on the features of you car. We asked about the pin locking feature. He didn't know what it was. Went into the dealership to talk to people and then came back and said that's only if you want to leave your fob in the car so we didn't want to do that. Since the dealer was a 40 minute drive each way this ended up being a waste of time and gas.

What are other people's experiences?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Did you get your $50 gas card at least?

Ours was great but we had an actual love encore guru not the sales staff. I would let corporate know as they want to see these things as making sure people are comfortable and confident in what their cars can and can't do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get your $50 gas card at least?

Ours was great but we had an actual love encore guru not the sales staff. I would let corporate know as they want to see these things as making sure people are comfortable and confident in what their cars can and can't do.
Nope no gas card. Not even a glass of water

·
Registered
313 Posts
I knew more about the vehicle than the salesman that sold it to me, unfortunately. I also had to point out they hadn't installed the tie/strap down hole plugs from the pre-delivery inspection. They didn't even mention a follow up, other than I would get some calls from the office staff and the "We owe" follow up for the window deflectors. I'm mostly not that impressed with our local dealership, wish it were different, but oh well.

There are a couple further away that I've heard good things about, so I may try them out for service.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've had my Ascent for 3 weeks now, and no sign of a followup appointment yet. Sigh.

·
Registered
234 Posts
We had a walk through on the day we picked up the car. The sales manager has made the offer for us to stop by anytime we have questions or are not sure of functions within the car

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
That's sad...

What was your follow up appointment experience.

I contacted my salesman about it as he said it would happen when we had our add on service appointments. Because of the hitch availability problem that didn't work as planned. We were told it would be with an expert named "Robert".

Well it ended up being with our salesman who really didn't know the Subaru features that well. We was flustered with our questions, and it all seemed rushed and hurried. It definitely wasn't the 45 minutes on the features of you car. We asked about the pin locking feature. He didn't know what it was. Went into the dealership to talk to people and then came back and said that's only if you want to leave your fob in the car so we didn't want to do that. Since the dealer was a 40 minute drive each way this ended up being a waste of time and gas.

What are other people's experiences?
I never consider the owner training events. Liberty Subaru is ridiculously thorough and knowledgeable. Even in 100° heat, my salesperson explained everything, starting outside, and going through every knob, switch and setting, and even showed me how to remove the hitch cover, and all the rest of the outside features in the boiling heat (they even cooled down the car for my pickup appointment, so, it was really nice getting into a 65° car after the outside tour, lol). Saddened by your experience. I'd find a service dealership that is better with such things.

This is what a dealer experience should be like:

These are how Subie Dealerships should be rated and reviewed:
My fav home Subie Dealership (4.8/5 stars):

My work area fav (5/5 stars):

My fav northern one in Suffolk (4.7/5 stars):

My fav eastern Suffolk one (4.9/5 stars):

The dealership I've purchased both of my Subies from (4.9/5 stars):

#itsasubiething

·
Registered
764 Posts
This program is Subaru's attempt to better the purchase experience, but unfortunately many dealerships are not treating it seriously. The dealership is supposed to employ a team of Concierges to perform these "get to know your new car" appointments. Its fantastic if the dealer does it correctly, but sadly a lot of the dealers are just viewing it as having to pay an employee to sit there and wait for these appointments.

At my dealership we have a team of 6 concierge that help with sales customers, service customers and making home visits to answer customer's questions. They are busy probably 75% of the day (busier than me at least :) with questions and walk throughs. Whenever a customer comes back for their follow up apt they are more than happy to help because Subaru is paying them $50 every time they give away one of those $25-$50 gas cards.

But even then, things still get busy and we salesman end up helping out. You just have to know your product.

·
Registered
304 Posts
This program is Subaru's attempt to better the purchase experience, but unfortunately many dealerships are not treating it seriously. The dealership is supposed to employ a team of Concierges to perform these "get to know your new car" appointments. Its fantastic if the dealer does it correctly, but sadly a lot of the dealers are just viewing it as having to pay an employee to sit there and wait for these appointments.

At my dealership we have a team of 6 concierge that help with sales customers, service customers and making home visits to answer customer's questions. They are busy probably 75% of the day (busier than me at least :) with questions and walk throughs. Whenever a customer comes back for their follow up apt they are more than happy to help because Subaru is paying them $50 every time they give away one of those $25-$50 gas cards.

But even then, things still get busy and we salesman end up helping out. You just have to know your product.
Also, not every dealership is participating in the program. I know we aren't. I was reading through this trying to figure out what the heck everyone was referring to when I remembered reading something about the Love Encore program on subarunet.

If you weren't offered a follow-up appointment, it may be because your dealership isn't in the Love Encore program.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Also, not every dealership is participating in the program. I know we aren't. I was reading through this trying to figure out what the heck everyone was referring to when I remembered reading something about the Love Encore program on subarunet.

If you weren't offered a follow-up appointment, it may be because your dealership isn't in the Love Encore program.

My dealership is. When I was buying the car, the salesman told me I would get a call for the training and $50 gas card if I attended. He said that "by policy" Subaru won't let him call me until 2 weeks after taking ownership. When I picked the car up, the fellow that does the training came out to introduce himself.

Anxious to see how it goes. I've got weird things on my list right now - such as "Show Me" the drain plugs on the Sun Roof and how to clean them. I want to see where each one is located.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Here's a good test for your follow-up appt to see how knowledgeable they are about your car. Have them demonstrate to you the set-up of the pin code on the rear gate, and show you how to leave your fob in the car and still lock the doors. If they can do that for you (without looking at the manual), that is a very good sign.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts