Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,463 Posts
Old thread but rather than starting a new one...
Has anyone heard if Subaru intended to idle any plants in the US or elsewhere? Just curious if Ascent production is going to slow in the near future after reading about the Detroit auto makers doing partial shutdowns yesterday.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Old thread but rather than starting a new one...
Has anyone heard if Subaru intended to idle any plants in the US or elsewhere? Just curious if Ascent production is going to slow in the near future after reading about the Detroit auto makers doing partial shutdowns yesterday.
No tours, for one...
NOTICE: In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are currently prohibiting all nonessential visitors.
Things WILL slow down simply because the vast majority of Subarus sold are built to order, and people are going out a lot less to buy right now.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
The factory is closing... details here...

·
Registered
777 Posts
I hate to see it happen, but I think shutting things down is probably the best way to go about this, even if it ultimately just flattens the curve.

Touring an automotive manufacturing plant is a pretty interesting experience. I had the opportunity to work with tractor (both agricultural and semi) manufacturers in my working days, and seeing just how pristine these particular manufacturing plants were was incredible. I can only imagine the level of automation has increased further in the past dozen or so years. it was almost like being in a science fiction movie with all the technology and moving parts ( I worked in a manufacturing plant myself, but with much simpler levels of automation). The drawback is there are less bodies in the building because of this, but that's how things go unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,907 Posts
I also feel they are doing the correct thing...pausing to thoroughly clean and help their employees practice the recommended social distancing. There's enough inventory for folks who truly need to buy something I suspect and they may very well get asked to build some alternative products to assist with the pandemic effort, too. Here in PA, vehicle dealerships other than service departments are not considered essential businesses and have been closed by order of the governor, too. I suspect that those states that have not yet done the same will eventually do so, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.