Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, the title is clickbait - BUT no matter how good the safety Eyesight system is on the Ascent or any other Subaru, it will not prevent another car from hitting you!

My daughter and wife were rear ended today by a drunk driver in a F-150. He fled the scene after my daughter talked to him and tried to exchange information. The 2018 Outback (had it for one week) is banged up, but my family is okay.

We are still at the mercy of crazy drivers on the road! Did I forget to mention I hate drunk drivers.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I'm glad you're okay - usually things like this are far worse. Hopefully you got a license plate number or something. Things can be replaced, people can't!

(The goal will be in 2022 when I think the mandate is that all vehicles have some type of anti-frontal-collision which even the idiots will at least have the car stop them)

·
Registered
583 Posts
I know, the title is clickbait - BUT no matter how good the safety Eyesight system is on the Ascent or any other Subaru, it will not prevent another car from hitting you!

My daughter and wife were rear ended today by a drunk driver in a F-150. He fled the scene after my daughter talked to him and tried to exchange information. The 2018 Outback (had it for one week) is banged up, but my family is okay.

We are still at the mercy of crazy drivers on the road! Did I forget to mention I hate drunk drivers.
Okay..........:confused:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Holy (@*#&$ dude sorry to hear that. Glad your wife and daughter are ok. Any chance they got some license plate pics or video?
Hopefully law enforcement will be able to catch the guy? Sounds like the Outback did its job protecting them though.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts

Glad your family is alright. Hopefully they catch the guy...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife got the license plate number of the guy, but it was from West Virginia. She filed a police report, but that won't do much. Our officers here in Colorado are too busy writing money making "minor violation" tickets.

The point of my post was to merely emphasize safety features are great for the driver of the vehicle who has them, but not everyone does, so don't expect to be accident free just because you have Subaru "EyeSight" or Honda "Sensing" or Toyota "Safety Sense."

·
Registered
583 Posts
My wife got the license plate number of the guy, but it was from West Virginia. She filed a police report, but that won't do much. Our officers here in Colorado are too busy writing money making "minor violation" tickets.

The point of my post was to merely emphasize safety features are great for the driver of the vehicle who has them, but not everyone does, so don't expect to be accident free just because you have Subaru "EyeSight" or Honda "Sensing" or Toyota "Safety Sense."
Glad the title of the thread was modified, slightly better....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts