Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Growing up watching WRC and admiring Colin Mcrae and his Subaru impreza mastering dirt roads around the world... used to think "will buy Subaru one day.."
Cut to mid-life.. job.. family.. chores.. wifey in need of change from minivan to suv but still want to keep 3 rows seating. I started researching and found usual suspects like Honda, Toyota, Kia, Mazda.. etc.. didnt feel too excited. Then I came across 3 row Subaru Ascent... that got me excited.. went through some youtube reviews and comparisons. Found this forum which helped me gauge user experience. Though Honda Pilot and CX-9 has few pros compared to Subaru Ascent but the x-factor of Subaru always pulled me towards it. Went with family for test drive and loved it.

Proud owner of Red(kids happy) Subaru Ascent Touring with added trailer hitch + Aero crossbar + Splash guards + door edge guard + body side molding and few other things..

Forgotten Subaru dream comes true :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I am just under 300 miles on my Limited and loving it! Today I took the in-laws out for a drive and while I was stopped at a light I thought the vehicle might have shut off. It was so quite and still. This is my first experience with Eyesight and the advanced cruise control. I think they both are great. I am so much more relaxed (still very much paying attention but relaxed). The vehicle handled itself very well as we drove up Lookout mountain in Golden, CO while avoiding oncoming vehicles and cyclists in my lane riding up. The vehicle was even, smooth and predictable in its operation. I was very impressed with how well the vehicle slowed itself down to maintain its distance from the vehicle in front (highway driving) as well as how eyesight picked up a vehicle coming into my lane.

I am an excellent parallel parker (grew up driving in NYC) but have been hesitant at getting into a tight space with the Ascent. Not ready since I do not have a good enough sense of its dimensions. So far I have used only angle or straight in parking.

A bit of sticker shock on the 87 octane fuel costs compared to my other vehicles which use 85. In Colorado fuel is still inexpensive although some politicians are working hard to increase its costs.

No complaints from my 16 year old son in the third row during the three hours of on and off driving today.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,841 Posts
A bit of sticker shock on the 87 octane fuel costs compared to my other vehicles which use 85. In Colorado fuel is still inexpensive although some politicians are working hard to increase its costs.
For the majority, 87 octane is the "lowest" available since we are not at the altitudes where you are. :) I guess that allows many vehicles where you are to use the faster burning 85.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the majority, 87 octane is the "lowest" available since we are not at the altitudes where you are. :) I guess that allows many vehicles where you are to use the faster burning 85.
I was wondering.. where do you get 85. Thanks for clarifying:smile:

·
Registered
914 Posts

But not turbo charged engines, you need to use 87 as the turbo is "making up" for the higher altitude by shoving more air in the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts