Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Administrator
12,146 Posts

·
Administrator
12,146 Posts
Sharp looking vehicle with some cool upgrades. It appears to be a mid cycle refresh.
Including Eyesight Version 4, with the higher capability windshield integrated cameras, and the third pedestrian camera option on select trims!!! :love:

·
Administrator
12,146 Posts

·
Administrator
12,146 Posts
Most people may not notice, but, I've been begging for our rear lights to be redesigned. Take a good look at them. They should remind you of the concepts, that, for some odd reason, I kept randomly posting about....

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,385 Posts
Looks like a number of things on folks' wish lists have been addressed...

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
12,146 Posts
Looks great, but I won’t be rushing in line to buy one.
They finally made the tail lights more like the concept - arghhh! I was hoping that I could swap over some 2023 parts onto my 2019, but it looks like it won’t be so simple.
The upper pieces are all plastic on the liftgate. You may still be able to do just that. I think almost everything external will swap.

The part I really wanted, and had been pushing hard for, since 2018's first survey asking if I wanted it, was the 360° cam. I was hoping it would make it in to the current v3.1 head unit, but, alas not... so, that's sadly not something we can just plug in. :-(

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
Overall pretty sharp looking.
I’m not a fan of the headlight/grille, yet. It looks too Palisadey to me; maybe it’ll grow on me.
The rear hatch without the silver strip and with new taillights is slick.
Commence complaints about the infotainment screen… looks good though. I haven’t read enough to notice yet… any engine stop/start feature? Edit: I see different buttons in front of the shifter/cup holders I just can’t tell what they are.

·
Administrator
12,146 Posts
they need to rename it from >pedestrian camera option> to >Save a life of pedestrian - $400< :rolleyes:
I'm sure it will go to all trims soon enough, as economies of production scaling allow. I am waiting on details for the Ascent. But, in the meantime, even the old Eyesight cams detected pedestrians (and the new ones do, even better). It's just a separate dedicated camera to detect them in a wider range, easier.

I too though wish safety didn't come with a price tag requiring staggered roll outs of such stuff.

·
Administrator
12,146 Posts
I see different buttons in front of the shifter/cup holders I just can’t tell what they are.
In this order, from left to right:
  • AVH
  • Ministereo In (Aux In)
  • USB C
  • USB A

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The upper pieces are all plastic on the liftgate. You may still be able to do just that. I think almost everything external will swap.

The part I really wanted, and had been pushing hard for, since 2018's first survey asking if I wanted it, was the 360° cam. I was hoping it would make it in to the current v3.1 head unit, but, alas not... so, that's sadly not something we can just plug in. :-(
For sure. That's what I meant though. I'm farily certain as well that the tailgate trim pieces will swap out too in order to get those tail lights. But that's more than a simple lamp housing change, which of course, wouldn't have allowed lights shaped like that anyway. lol.

...and yeah that 360 cam is the the #1 thing I'm jealous about. I have to see if it's available on only the Touring trim.

·
Administrator
12,146 Posts
they need to rename it from >pedestrian camera option> to >Save a life of pedestrian - $400< :rolleyes:
I'm sure it will go to all trims soon enough, as economies of production scaling allow. I am waiting on details for the Ascent. But, in the meantime, even the old Eyesight cams detected pedestrians (and the new ones do, even better). It's just a separate dedicated camera to detect them in a wider range, easier.

I too though wish safety didn't come with a price tag requiring staggered roll outs of such stuff.
Sorry, I was wrong... the 3rd camera is standard on all Ascent trims.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If they weren't going to release a Wilderness Edition this year, then I wish they would at least offer an Onyx with 18's and 8 seats. Oh well, still stuck with looking for Premium 8's.

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
If they weren't going to release a Wilderness Edition this year, then I wish they would at least offer an Onyx with 18's and 8 seats. Oh well, still stuck with looking for Premium 8's.
first thing I’d do is replace the wheels anyway. The oem are ok looking in black but they have too much offset

Reactions: rockthebeef
1 - 20 of 173 Posts