Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, back in February, when we preordered our Ascent, I contacted Subaru because our dealer would not use the Subaru loyalty coupon. I got a prompt response to send a copy of the bill of sale, once complete, and Subaru would send us a check for $500. I sent the documents the day after we picked up our car and received the check about four days later. Today, I got a box in the mail from Subaru...it was a HUGE box of cookies, thanking me for contacting Subaru customer support, signed by the CS person who helped me. I know that it is a $20 box of cookies and not a big deal in the scheme of things, but who does that. It was totally unexpected and certainly ups my already high opinion of Subaru.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting...I contacted them today to ask if they had any information about my pre-order. I asked the representative about any loyalty coupons and was shot down immediately. I had explained that this was my third Subaru and after we bought my wife’s 2014 Crosstrek we had received a letter with a thank you and coupon for $500 off our next Subaru (expired after 1 years). Rep said they don’t have anything like that now and could do anything about my current order of the Ascent (Touring in Abyss Pearl Blue with extras). He said that maybe the next time I am thinking of buying a Subaru to call and they can review my request and possibly could get a coupon. That was after waiting 20 minutes on hold and to top it off gave me a later ETA on my car. I was disappointed to say the least...only gave me bad news. Crossing my fingers that my ETA that my local dealer gave me (July 20) is right and not the month of August (1st-31st). ?

·
Registered
487 Posts
not only is soa pretty awesome, the entire community is as well. dont be shocked if you get random waves from fellow subaru owners. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not only is soa pretty awesome, the entire community is as well. dont be shocked if you get random waves from fellow subaru owners. :)

https://youtu.be/I4QJKB36EfM
I totally have! the day after I picked up my Ascent, I got a happy frantic wave from a crosstrek, a forester and an outback, the next day. The following day, I came out the grocery to see a couple very intently checking out my car.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I totally have! the day after I picked up my Ascent, I got a happy frantic wave from a crosstrek, a forester and an outback, the next day. The following day, I came out the grocery to see a couple very intently checking out my car.

hahaha that's awesome! all this anticipation and excitement reminds me of the days when the wrx was just about to come out to the states.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting...I contacted them today to ask if they had any information about my pre-order. I asked the representative about any loyalty coupons and was shot down immediately. I had explained that this was my third Subaru and after we bought my wife’s 2014 Crosstrek we had received a letter with a thank you and coupon for $500 off our next Subaru (expired after 1 years). Rep said they don’t have anything like that now and could do anything about my current order of the Ascent (Touring in Abyss Pearl Blue with extras). He said that maybe the next time I am thinking of buying a Subaru to call and they can review my request and possibly could get a coupon. That was after waiting 20 minutes on hold and to top it off gave me a later ETA on my car. I was disappointed to say the least...only gave me bad news. Crossing my fingers that my ETA that my local dealer gave me (July 20) is right and not the month of August (1st-31st). ?
From what I've read here on the forum, sometimes calling can be hit or miss. I would definitely call back again, or email.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so not only did we get a large tin of cookies...today I got home and there was a dyson cordless vacuum waiting for us from Subaru!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok, so not only did we get a large tin of cookies...today I got home and there was a dyson cordless vacuum waiting for us from Subaru!
We had the same thing happen! We first got a tin of cookies, then we got a Dyson cordless vacuum, and then one more package arrived with a Subaru Emergency Kit for the car (including jumper cables, gloves, a plastic bright orange triangle thing for the road, and lots of other items). They're amazing!

Reactions: kathytn

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We had the same thing happen! We first got a tin of cookies, then we got a Dyson cordless vacuum, and then one more package arrived with a Subaru Emergency Kit for the car (including jumper cables, gloves, a plastic bright orange triangle thing for the road, and lots of other items). They're amazing!
ok, now I am going to be expecting the emergency kit, lol!

·
Registered
144 Posts
How are you guys getting all this stuff? I could totally use a cordless Dyson lol
I reached out to SOA via the Contact Us link on their website just inquiring about our first preorder (which we passed up because of qualifying for TrueCar pricing and the dealer we ordered our first one from wouldn't price match at all). If you search on this forum, other people got tote bags, Dyson vacuums, bluetooth speakers, and someone even got a Subaru emblazoned blanket and teddy bear after telling customer service about their new arrival in communication with SOA. From my understanding, they said it's pretty random who would get gifts, but it doesn't hurt to reach out to them to inquire.

ok, now I am going to be expecting the emergency kit, lol!
Hahahahahah! You MUST update me via PM if you end up getting one too!

·
Registered
492 Posts
We just got a tin of cookies today! Totally unexpected. It was from a local bakery and the tin had our local Subaru dealer's logo on it.

We took delivery of our Limited about a week and a half ago. We are loving our Ascent everyday. We are completely bought into Subaru as a company and can't be more impressed with them! It's these little gestures that we appreciate so much.

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts
How are you guys getting all this stuff? I could totally use a cordless Dyson lol
lol, me too, especially because of all my beach and off-roading trips.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Subaru is definitely a cut above the rest and continues to surprise and delight us!

My wife and I continue to be flabbergasted with the hospitality and generosity the entire brand (salesmen, parts/service, corporate, SoA customer service, VIP team) is demonstrating to us throughout our Ascent pre-order, purchase AND after the sale.

If anyone reading this is on the fence about jumping into a Subaru for the first time, DON'T BE. Subaru is not like any other car manufacturer. They really are committed to their customers and really do want to make a difference.

I just needed to put this out there because we are just so amazed right now! Love it!

P.S. Sorry if that sounded way too fan boy-ish, I promise it was only a little bit of Kool-Aide, LOL.

·
Registered
277 Posts
This is our 3rd new Subaru. We got Dyson (for ‘16 Forester), awesome outdoor blanket (waterproofed on one sight) for Ascent and Ascent bag.

I ageee - Subaru Corp customer service is nothing short of amazing. We are certainly very happy with them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts