Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
73bryan - You're welcome and I like it! It's not pure white (thank goodness) but it's lighter than what I had in my Outback. It's a nice cream. I love leather because it cleans up pretty easy and I've had bad times with cloth in the past (other makes). I don't like dark because it gets too hot; this is very nice.

Ctsoxceltsfan34 - I'm glad I was able to help! It's pretty tight, you'll like it. I see what you mean about all the photos making it seem darker. I didn't know what the heck tungsten metallic was so my dealer took me outside back in Feb when I ordered it and showed me the color on another model. It took me less than a microsecond to be good with it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
73bryan - You're welcome and I like it! It's not pure white (thank goodness) but it's lighter than what I had in my Outback. It's a nice cream. I love leather because it cleans up pretty easy and I've had bad times with cloth in the past (other makes). I don't like dark because it gets too hot; this is very nice.

Ctsoxceltsfan34 - I'm glad I was able to help! It's pretty tight, you'll like it. I see what you mean about all the photos making it seem darker. I didn't know what the heck tungsten metallic was so my dealer took me outside back in Feb when I ordered it and showed me the color on another model. It took me less than a microsecond to be good with it.
Was the same with me. They had an outback in the same color and I decided on that.

How are you planning to care for the beautiful Warm Ivory leather? I have heard nightmares about denim leakage and things of that nature. Was thinking of using Leather Masters Protection Cream. LOL this has me going nuts thinking of my new leather being defiled :p

·
Registered
107 Posts
Denim leakage? Like, from people's jeans? I never had any nightmares with the Outback. I use Meguiar's ultimate leather wipes from time to time and just need to keep up with the vacuuming. We're on a strict no eating or drinking regimen in the car until at least my wife gets back from her trip to the PI, then we'll see from there. With three kids, I'd find a friggin meal's worth of crap under their boosters! But, really no permanent damage. Crayon's have been permanently banned and there's a nice little trash bag back there where their crap is supposed to go ... heavy emphasis on the "supposed to"!! The Cali sun basically made the crayons part of the car in the door holder where they stayed until I traded her in ... I think I used some Kiwi leather conditioner and a microfiber clothe as well (bottle). Now, we'll see about the perforated leather in the front. I'm going to have to be more careful because if anything gets through that, it'll be in the foam. Bottom line, I've been really happy with leather on how easy it is to clean and how well it holds up. BUT .. I always keep in mind that I'm not driving some luxury car that's going to be pristine, this is a full-breathing, hard-working kid transporter to/from daycare, camping, biking, swimming, sports, lessons, etc. so it won't stay perfect forever, but I'm tryin' :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Denim leakage? Like, from people's jeans? I never had any nightmares with the Outback. I use Meguiar's ultimate leather wipes from time to time and just need to keep up with the vacuuming. We're on a strict no eating or drinking regimen in the car until at least my wife gets back from her trip to the PI, then we'll see from there. With three kids, I'd find a friggin meal's worth of crap under their boosters! But, really no permanent damage. Crayon's have been permanently banned and there's a nice little trash bag back there where their crap is supposed to go ... heavy emphasis on the "supposed to"!! The Cali sun basically made the crayons part of the car in the door holder where they stayed until I traded her in ... I think I used some Kiwi leather conditioner and a microfiber clothe as well (bottle). Now, we'll see about the perforated leather in the front. I'm going to have to be more careful because if anything gets through that, it'll be in the foam. Bottom line, I've been really happy with leather on how easy it is to clean and how well it holds up. BUT .. I always keep in mind that I'm not driving some luxury car that's going to be pristine, this is a full-breathing, hard-working kid transporter to/from daycare, camping, biking, swimming, sports, lessons, etc. so it won't stay perfect forever, but I'm tryin' :)
The dealer that we are purchasing from is talking about a NANO protection spray or coating inside and out (5 year warranty). For any stains that can't be removed on interior the seat cover,etc would be replaced at (no charge for the 5 year period) I will be checking into it in more detail soon. Cost $599.00 ??? Anyone else heard of this process ??? Thanks

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The dealer that we are purchasing from is talking about a NANO protection spray or coating inside and out (5 year warranty). For any stains that can't be removed on interior the seat cover,etc would be replaced at (no charge for the 5 year period) I will be checking into it in more detail soon. Cost $599.00 ??? Anyone else heard of this process ??? Thanks
Typical finance guy "speak." Do they have any testimonials of actual people who got their seat leather replaced/or car repainted because of stains? I would be skeptical of this type of "insurance" for the interior and exterior.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yea when I was looking on line it was something that came up on a few different threads.

I am lucky now I have one daughter and she is 13 so I have gotten by some of the risks that you are trying to avoid.

We do the camping thing as well so I am thinking of those messy days as well but like you said it is not lux car and at some point you will have to deal with something.

Your wife in the Phils?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah man, there's only so much you can do. I scratched the living bejesus out of the Outback putting a canoe on and off, dealer was like "If that was a lease, I'd take it back no problem. It's a Subaru. We know what you guys do with them." These ain't XC90s or Lexus or some other poser brand (no offense intended if anyone has one - my intent is just that a lot of people buy those as status symbols, not actually because they are super functional), Subarus are workhorses that allow us to do ... well, whatever the heck we want, where we want, when we want with the utmost of safety, comfort and though put into every feature. But really, crayons not withstanding, Subies stand up to a lot.

Yup wife is Filipino, I'm half-Vietnamese. She hasn't even seen the Ascent yet!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah man, there's only so much you can do. I scratched the living bejesus out of the Outback putting a canoe on and off, dealer was like "If that was a lease, I'd take it back no problem. It's a Subaru. We know what you guys do with them." These ain't XC90s or Lexus or some other poser brand (no offense intended if anyone has one - my intent is just that a lot of people buy those as status symbols, not actually because they are super functional), Subarus are workhorses that allow us to do ... well, whatever the heck we want, where we want, when we want with the utmost of safety, comfort and though put into every feature. But really, crayons not withstanding, Subies stand up to a lot.

Yup wife is Filipino, I'm half-Vietnamese. She hasn't even seen the Ascent yet!
HAHA Yea there is a reason why crayons have been around as long as they have. Yea they def are not for people that have an active outdoor lifestyle.

My wife is also Filipina. I have been there once back in 2006 for my old job. LOL no video chat to show off the new ride? :p

·
Registered
107 Posts
HAHA Yea there is a reason why crayons have been around as long as they have. Yea they def are not for people that have an active outdoor lifestyle.

My wife is also Filipina. I have been there once back in 2006 for my old job. LOL no video chat to show off the new ride? :p
I've been to Manila a couple of times on port visits, but she's from the south. We've Facetimed a little but it was to see the kids. Let's just say she may not have been as enthusiastic as me on getting a car payment again :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've been to Manila a couple of times on port visits, but she's from the south. We've Facetimed a little but it was to see the kids. Let's just say she may not have been as enthusiastic as me on getting a car payment again :)
Yea you might want to work out a plan to distract her for the next month or so :)

I was in Alabang and then took a quick trip to Palawan.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh, she's way down in Davao. Naw, she'll be super stoked when she rides it in - one of those proof is in the pudding things. I'll still hear about it though ha ha ha ha
Yea I think that is universal. My wife to an extent gives me a hard time and we don't even have the car yet LOL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
it’s tungsten one day... then white the next. gf and i torn between the two colors. worried the tungsten look might just be a phase we are in and could get sick of in the next year or two. should we play it safe and go with the basic white?? *yawns*

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
it’s tungsten one day... then white the next. gf and i torn between the two colors. worried the tungsten look might just be a phase we are in and could get sick of in the next year or two. should we play it safe and go with the basic white?? *yawns*
My wife picked out TM also. I have a white 2006 Forester XT and she has had a few different colored vehicles along the way. The Tungsten seems like a good color to take care of and won't show road grime, as it's a lighter color but seems to change color a lot at different angles. I think it will be a nice change!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine arrived at the dealer last night . Wife saw it when she went in for her Cross Trek Oil Change.

Hope to have it by Wed or Thursday :)
Picked ours up 7/31 and have about 300 miles on it. Really like the color and just trying to figure out some of the functions and features. WOW !!!! Impressed so far with power as I have a 2006 Forester XT with 145k, still strong !!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts