Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this because of constant complaints about the Ascent’s cup holder being way to big and awkward.

External link removed - Admin.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I believe Subaru is making an accessory for this where it won’t interfere with the led cup holders also

·
Registered
21 Posts
I made this because of constant complaints about the Ascent’s cup holder being way to big and awkward.

External link removed - Admin.

Subaru has an insert center cup holder that will be available in early April or May, PN J131SXC100. Don't know the price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Subaru one is around 30 with shipping. They had it available on back order but canceled everyone’s orders and took it down.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Looks like this could be accomplished with a properly sized intercooler coupling! lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
I feel like the last several years, Subaru is screwing up the small stuff. In my 2013MY Outback, it had some spring loaded bumpers to prevent spilling stuff all over the place.

In my 2017MY Outback and 2019MY Ascent it seems like they've gone out of their way to ensure you get hosed.

None of the Subaru OEM stuff works in the cup holers. (Crushes the bottom of paper cups, in one instance....)

Totally odd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Subaru has an insert center cup holder that will be available in early April or May, PN J131SXC100. Don't know the price.
Just brought the above part # home yesterday. It doesn't work well in our opinion, its going back for refund.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just brought the above part # home yesterday. It doesn't work well in our opinion, its going back for refund.
I made one that people like, Subaru Ascent Small Cup Holder Insert / Adapter | Etsy, It just reduces the diameter instead of changing the entire cup holder out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you do the install? At first glance, it wasn't obvious what we needed to do, i found a video on here showing how to install it. My wife said it fixes all of her issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On-line order through my local dealer with an in-store pick-up it was $15. Works wonderfully except that it wants to pull out with one of my slightly larger travel mugs. There is a gap (legs under the insert) that would allow me to put some velcro in between the bottom of the insert and the factory cup holder but I'm not sure yet that I want to do that. It fits flush on the sides so I thought about using a "Command Strip" to hold it in place. Anyone come up with anything yet? That is my only complaint with the insert, but I'd rather deal with that than listening to my travel mugs rattle around with every turn on my twisty back roads.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It sounds like you are doing what i was before i found the video. Look in this thread: Link
Basically you take out the rubber and plastic piece and the new piece clicks in place.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased both the small and large adaptor from NB3DDesigns. I think they are great and got a combo of both for the price of the Subie version. My wife was surprised when she was able to place her coffee cup securely in the holder. And our 32oz Hydroflask/Nalgene bottles now fit. Quick fix and easy to use. I'd recommend them. When not using one for road trips we just place them in the storage compartment under the trunk.

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
I've just tested out a little something new from @NB3DDesigns and I am really liking it!!! I think he will have some pics this week!!!

I love the OEM insert for my coffee mug... but that only helps me half the day. I love his inserts for my big water bottles. I run both the OEM and his insert at the same time for the best of both worlds.

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
162 Posts
Just got mine but agree the cup holders are too wide. Also my son pointed out that the door cup holders in the second row are too deep for a box drink. For those I put a slice of a pool noodle in the bottom, problem solved and easily removed for taller drinks. Up front I’m going to cut a piece of foam to wedge into the gap between the holders to hold the cups I typically would have in place. Again it will be easily adjusted or removed.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
162 Posts
Just got mine but agree the cup holders are too wide. Also my son pointed out that the door cup holders in the second row are too deep for a box drink. For those I put a slice of a pool noodle in the bottom, problem solved and easily removed for taller drinks. Up front I’m going to cut a piece of foam to wedge into the gap between the holders to hold the cups I typically would have in place. Again it will be easily adjusted or removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I got my cup holder adapter that works great at the Subaru Factory. Sorry but you can only get it at the Subaru Indiana Factory.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts