Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:love: Coming soon!!!! :love:

Stay tuned, on June 14th, 2021, for all the details!!! I somehow missed posting the reveal date this morning... thank you, @pilot1226, for nudging me!!!

You all asked, Subaru of America listened!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
WOW! Just saw this on my twitter feed from SubaruOfAmerica and gotta say this came out of left field. This is pretty exciting for sure. I wasn't expecting major changes for 2022, but we shall see what this is. Doesn't seem to suggest if this is the mid-cycle refresh or not.

The all-new 2022 Ascent Onyx Edition is coming soon and features stylish details as well as convenient interior upgrades.
I'm guessing that the 2022 will be mostly the same, but this will be an onyx edition similar to the Outback's Onyx. With that, I'm guessing the interior upgrades are mostly just materials. Possibly dual mode X-Mode. If this has memory seats (unlike the Outback Onyx) then it will be a very likely future target for my family.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Can’t wait to see the Onyx Edition up close. I’m curious to see how the Wilderness Edition does for the Outback. Maybe one for the Ascent?

·
Super Moderator
2,225 Posts
SO this might mean they've finally gone with chrome delete???
I can’t wait to see. I’ve been hesitant about using vinyl and absolutely won’t use a dip. If blacked out interchangeable parts become available it will be very tempting!

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R, 2003 Honda Pilot EX
53 Posts
Curious... the Outback Onyx edition doesnt have a specific Onyx badge from what i can tell...
Might be an interesting combo to look at... I wonder if it will be offered in a white exterior.

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ebay (they show up sporadically) and the Philippines.

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL!!! I own the Ascent blackout kit, but I keep going from wanting to black out all the chrome to wanting to leave it as is, so, it's never been installed and remains on a shelf for the last year and a half.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R, 2003 Honda Pilot EX
53 Posts
I quite like chrome on the Touring and was "this" close to buying one, but with COVID etc. and now the "shortages" of new and used cars, I may be tempted to go with Onyx, but it will depend on the availability of creature comforts...

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep. Every piece needed. One with tools as well.

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still looking...

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 135 Posts