Subaru Ascent Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new Subaru Ascent Hitch with Harness. My dad bought it for me and did not know that the car will come with it already. It is still in the box. I am located in Bay Area, California. Want $300 for it. I think he bought it for 320 + tax and shipping.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,161 Posts
Be sure you confirm with your dealer that the vehicle you are buying actually has had the hitch receiver physically installed at the port or at the dealer. Premium, Limited and Touring all are towing ready, but the actual hitch receiver kit (that you picture) is an accessory that must be purchased and installed. I'm only mentioning this because multiple folks assumed that the hitch receiver was "included standard" on these trim levels, only to find out after the fact that it was not there.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Touring Brilliant Bronze
104 Posts
Be sure you confirm with your dealer that the vehicle you are buying actually has had the hitch receiver physically installed at the port or at the dealer. Premium, Limited and Touring all are towing ready, but the actual hitch receiver kit (that you picture) is an accessory that must be purchased and installed. I'm only mentioning this because multiple folks assumed that the hitch receiver was "included standard" on these trim levels, only to find out after the fact that it was not there.
Multiple sales people told me they have not seen an Ascent come with a hitch to the dealership; only, if ordered with a hitch initially.

When I ordered; yes, I ordered with a hitch. When I picked up my Ascent that was one of the first things I checked; the hitch, and the wiring for the trailer break in the glove box.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where in bay area are you? Should have looked at the posts yesterday as we drove through Fremont and South Bay yesterday.
I am in east San Jose. But, drive through Fremont and other cities in the bay sometimes. Also have a trip planned (not confirmed) to Portland on thanksgiving holiday.

I guess i should clarify in the post, that it is a Hitch Receiver for Ascent. Thanks for noting that. And yes, my car does have it ready to go, and I have been towing with it for the past 3 camping trips already.

·
Super Moderator
4,161 Posts
Glad you're enjoying your Ascent already and your camping!

·
Super Moderator
4,161 Posts
Multiple sales people told me they have not seen an Ascent come with a hitch to the dealership; only, if ordered with a hitch initially.
That's kinda my point of caution...there are multiple posts where folks didn't understand that. :) Sounds like the OP is fine so someone can get lucky and buy that hitch receiver kit for their own Ascent!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, entire kit. Haven't opened the smaller box to see if there are instructions. I will do it after work. My dad bought it from online Subaru dealer so not sure if they included any instructions. I am available on the weekend.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Ok, lets plan for Saturday early. I am in Fresno/clovis area (Central Valley). Let me know how far south you are willing to go. We can meet anywhere off 101 or 85? If this works, for an early meetup saturday, send me a PM and we can work out the $$

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.