Subaru Ascent Forum banner

121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Holy batman, that's the best stance I've seen w/ some nice big wheels (2" oversized). Does it rub when you steer at lock-to-lock?
Thanks for the compliment! It's far from done and theres more done to the vehicle than what I've listed. To avoid rubbing we ended up having to modify the wheel wells a bit. Similar to what the 4Runner guys do with their body mount chop mod.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Actually it’s a Yakima skybox 21. Fits on top like a glove. Absolutely love it. No wind noise issues. Removed the Yakima Loadwarrior off and replaced it with Thule canyon xt with extension. Love it ! Got rid of the loadwarrior because of the noise and drag. Go big or go home. lol. Jk. The skybox I have is 92” and looks good up top no overhang the front windshield.
Any shots of it mounted?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Thanks for the compliment! It's far from done and theres more done to the vehicle than what I've listed. To avoid rubbing we ended up having to modify the wheel wells a bit. Similar to what the 4Runner guys do with their body mount chop mod.
do you have any photos of the mod?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Actually it’s a Yakima skybox 21. Fits on top like a glove. Absolutely love it. No wind noise issues. Removed the Yakima Loadwarrior off and replaced it with Thule canyon xt with extension. Love it ! Got rid of the loadwarrior because of the noise and drag. Go big or go home. lol. Jk. The skybox I have is 92” and looks good up top no overhang the front windshield.
Any shots of it mounted?
I haven’t washed the ascent as of yet which is why I haven’t posted. Picture yet. But I believe you were asking for a pic of the rook rack. Here it is. Thule canyon xt is much quieter compared to the Yakima Loadwarrior.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Took home an Ascent Premium today and love everything about it so far.

Sister's blacked out Forester next to it. Can't let her have a cooler looking car than me. So I'll be blacking out the chrome on my first. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kmc 708 bully 18x8 wheels. Tires are Goodyear wrangler duratrac 265/60/18. Thule canyon xt with extender is the cargo rack up top. Lift kit 1.5” Anderson design and fabrication. 3 piece skid plate from primitive racing.

121 - 140 of 160 Posts