Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Maybe some pictures in the sun to see how the Abyss Blue Pearl "pops"? :)

Reactions: calimomofboys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just picked up our Ascent Touring this afternoon so here is a full sun picture.

The Abyss Blue Pearl is a lot darker in real life than what i remember from the Auto show in January.

Looks cool though and I will post other pictures this weekend when I get chance to mess around with the car

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts

The Abyss Blue Pearl is a lot darker in real life than what i remember from the Auto show in January.

Looks cool though and I will post other pictures this weekend when I get chance to mess around with the car
OH MY STARS that is truly gorgeous! There are so many pics & videos with different shades but no denying that beauty in the sunlight! Thank you and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts

I love the look of your driveway. Picturesque homes like yours would cost us at least $1.2-1.5 million for a regular 3br house in the bay area.

·
Registered
235 Posts

That definitely doesn't look like the "smokey bluish-gray" Abyss Blue pre-production version we saw here on a cloudy, overcast, rainy afternoon earlier this month. I like this a lot more, Thanks! :smile:

·
Registered
492 Posts

That. Is. Gorgeous in the sun! I'm so glad we got blue too. I'm trying to get to the dealer in time tomorrow so we can pick ours up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Two days ago I got to see the blue Ascent that we pre-ordered in the open sunlight. It was my wife's first choice , while I could not decide between red or tungsten. When I saw it in person for the first time other than photos on my computer screen, I thought, "Not too shabby. I could get to like this." All the way around, it is not a bad looking car. I think most everyone will not be disappointed. For some, Christmas will come twice this year. But, we could not agree on price. So sad, but someone got a surprise phone call the minute I left the car lot. Anyway, I liked the car enough to drive to another dealer the same day and ordered the same car and did about $4,000 better on price. I will have to wait until September, but seeing the finished product up close there will be no uncertainty. It is hard to explain; there are certain blue car colors that hurt my eyes to look at. I was afraid that the Abyss Blue Pearl would be like that. Maybe it is some blues have a bit of a purple cast to it and for my eyes it is too intense. If you picked the blue, I think you will like it better than you expect.

·
Registered
115 Posts

It looks sooo good! Preordered a Blue Touring as well! Seeing pics like yours make me so happy I did. I love the chrome and blue combination...

·
Registered
87 Posts
And.... If cars were priced the way Apple prices their products and services, this forum would be very quiet especially when it comes to shopping. Then it would be all nuts and bolts. It will get there once everyone here has an Accent in their driveway.

·
Registered
492 Posts
More pictures to come Sunday or Monday. Hopefully Sunday!
Hurried home from our vacation to make it to the dealer in time to pick up ours and made it! The rain clouds also completely unloaded on us right as we left the dealership, a legit monsoon! It was raining so hard the EyeSight went out (it said it couldn't see anything.) Does this or has this happened to anyone else on your Subarus? This is our first Subaru so we don't know what should or should not be expected.

It even fits surprisingly well in the garage, I was slightly worried. And the paint color is awesome, it changes hues in different light.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hurried home from our vacation to make it to the dealer in time to pick up ours and made it! The rain clouds also completely unloaded on us right as we left the dealership, a legit monsoon! It was raining so hard the EyeSight went out (it said it couldn't see anything.) Does this or has this happened to anyone else on your Subarus? This is our first Subaru so we don't know what should or should not be expected.

It even fits surprisingly well in the garage, I was slightly worried. And the paint color is awesome, it changes hues in different light.
Congrats on the new car! Yes the eyesight system can stop working if visibility is poor looking out the windshield. It makes sense if you think about it, how can the cameras see anything if the view out the windshield is obscured by heavy rain/dirt/etc.

·
Registered
492 Posts

Congrats on the new car! Yes the eyesight system can stop working if visibility is poor looking out the windshield. It makes sense if you think about it, how can the cameras see anything if the view out the windshield is obscured by heavy rain/dirt/etc.
Yeah that makes sense. Your Touring looks amazing. And yours got rained on too, haha.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Some new shots of my Ascent along with some older ones I've posted in other threads. Decided to consolidate them to this post.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Was up early today so I had a chance to take some sunrise photos. First one is reflection off of the windshield and hood.
What camera and settings are you using?

And I'm jealous that you get to keep yours so clean, lol. It's been raining here everyday in the afternoon! So we can only enjoy our clean Ascent for a day at the most before it's all dirty again...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts