Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
My Ascent 2020 Touring 8 inch display is not very responsive. Sometimes scrolling between the screens just freezes the display momentarily. Is anyone experiencing similar issues? Thanks.
I'm unsure if a screen protector would do anything to increase sensitivity. It may do the opposite. But a good cleaning can help, especially if there are excess fingerprints and/or grease on the screen. Also, dry hands do not do touchscreens any favors. Moisturizer might help.

Your issue sounds more like some kind of lag. If rebooting the head unit doesn't help I'd look into updating the firmware and/or taking it in.

Don't you love conflicing opinions? o_O

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm unsure if a screen protector would do anything to increase sensitivity. It may do the opposite. But a good cleaning can help, especially if there are excess fingerprints and/or grease on the screen. Also, dry hands do not do touchscreens any favors. Moisturizer might help.

Your issue sounds more like some kind of lag. If rebooting the head unit doesn't help I'd look into updating the firmware and/or taking it in.

Don't you love conflicing opinions? o_O
That's what I thought as well, but the cleaning for the screen protector restored the sensitivity. Seems that the coating on the screen doesnt repell oils and it just accumulates. The repellent coating on the screen protector seems to have stopped the lag issue and I haven't seen it since, but maybe it was just a fluke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts