Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you elaborate a little more on what your symptoms were and what the dealer diagnosed? ;)
Yesterday My Wife drove to laundry and call me.... heyyy i'm on STOP sign Check Engen and Eyesight lights pups up what to do. I'm like... stop Engen turn emergency light and wait 5 minuets and start car Engen again so she does that and it's didn't help. After I told her drive home mediately, then I called local Diller they said its could be noting.... ( you can still drive) I'm ok. Schedule apt next day to check this issue. Next day morning I start the Engen all was fine all day no problems no light. Got to the Diller for an appointment after.... Representative come out and said ( you need a new transmission because your not good {something wrong with hydraulic pressure inside} I'm like Woooow... After Representative said no worry will fix this issue in a 3-4 days. And I return to the car turn on Engen even more lights pups up... I'm like ok star drive back to work and realize that the car RPM go up but car barely can make 40mph. I return again to Deller and explain the situation and they give me car for rent temporary. The Diller people was so nice so fast and fix issue and I was so happy that they help me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
While frustrating, it seams that your dealer is very willing to make things right and do right by you. Having a good dealer acknowledge and fixing the issue is the biggest hurdle - luckily your car appears to be in good hands.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
How many days did it take for the dealer to "replace" your transmission? What was the cause of the failure?

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
How many days did it take for the dealer to "replace" your transmission? What was the cause of the failure?
Ascent CVT replacement is generally 3-5 days from diagnosis and approval, if stock is available (Subaru ships them ridiculously quickly if there are any in stock, which there usually are), and a master tech or other suitably trained tech is scheduled. It's the whole transmission, front differential, center "differential", and torque converter - all four pieces of the "transmission". The only thing on it that remains is the cooling circulator assembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.