Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you guys going to apply to be Subaru Ambassadors? I just feel like NONE of the local Subaru Ambassadors care one bit about the Ascent. When I went online to apply, it said it was shutdown and not taking applications at this time either. So sad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm certainly all over the Ascent thing here in Austin!
Yay!! So glad to hear. I heard crickets from the Houston area. How long did it take for you to become an ambassador? And does anybody know when they open back up for more spots?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just kind of applied and they got back with me within a month maybe. Not sure how often they open it up, unfortunately.

·
Administrator
8,884 Posts
Are any of you guys going to apply to be Subaru Ambassadors? I just feel like NONE of the local Subaru Ambassadors care one bit about the Ascent. When I went online to apply, it said it was shutdown and not taking applications at this time either. So sad.
I'm an ambassador, and I'm stoked for this car. I plug it all the time because I've been waiting what seems like ages for it.

https://www.facebook.com/SubaruAmbassadorRobert/

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am also a Subaru Ambassador and we have been receiving a lot information regarding the new Ascent. If you apply, generally you'll be placed on a list for future call ups if an opening comes available. You'll have to fill out a questionnaire for administrator review as part of the selection process. Key word is patience. Currently there are about four thousands Ambassador nationwide.

I will tell you I met a person at an event that expressed more than a little annoyance about not being selected after telling the Admnistrotrs he was unsatisfied with his forester within the questionnaire - wrong move..... I suspect his demeanor and attitude was projected throughout the questionnaire.... if you get the opportunity to fill out the questionnaire, projecting a positive demeanor, community orientation and participation amongst other traits is what they are seeking in candidates.

As you fill out the questionnaire, you understand my point.

There was an Ascent introduction event at a retailer in the boston area last month but a snow storm precluded my ability to attend otherwise I'd be able share more detailed information.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Ambassador to serve the loyal customers or the investors? If both, do you serve the investors more?

p.s. I'm both an investor and owner.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ambassador to serve the loyal customers or the investors? If both, do you serve the investors more?

I just talk to people about what I do with my Outback (camp, mountain trips, mountain bike race). I'm not sure how that translates to your question but I just stick to what I know.

·
Administrator
8,884 Posts

One of the actual program rules is that we don't lie. Heck, another is that we're not allowed to bash the competition (doesn't mean we can't say why we think a Subaru is better suited, or even say it's superior in certain ways, such as "IIHS has rated Subaru's collision avoidance best in class").

I don't serve Subaru or their investors, though, Subaru does receive benefit from what I do. On the other hand, *I* receive benefit in return. For instance, my friends and I, largely Subaru Ambassadors (and the rest being Subaru Enthusiasts), raised over $41,000 for Make-A-Wish NJ. Subaru of America donated a massive chunk of that, sponsored our breakfast and helped us share the word (if you get Drive Performance magazine, you'll see a number of my pictures over the last few issues).

I'm working on another couple charities, and Subaru (through DCI) is waiting on me to tell them more info to see how they can help. Pretty cool stuff.

I've been talking about Subaru since long before I became an Ambassador. The only differences now are (a) I am privy to *some* small bits of information before the rest of the world (before those who do not work for SoA or at a certain dealer level), for instance, I had PDF versions of the pre-release Ascent booklet before the dealerships I work with did. They got the finals, but we got to bone up before them (alas, some of the initial announcement info was wrong, such as the cargo space) and (b) I get some cool swag to give away.

Mutually beneficial for some of us. I've always been pretty heavy into charity and recently learning the advantages of organizing groups/events to raise more money, as opposed to just donating what I could. That they back such efforts is phenomenal.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That was exactly what I said in my application, was that I get a million questions about my Outback and talk to people all the time about it so why not make it official?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ambassador coupon?

Excited to check out the Ascent in person within the next couple of weeks! I like the Pilot but will decide after I can drive the Ascent. Haven’t been able to connect with any Subaru Ambassador here in south Florida. My buddy was able to use an Ambassador coupon when he got his Outback a few years ago, so I was wondering if these are still available. If anyone has any info about this it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
8,884 Posts
Excited to check out the Ascent in person within the next couple of weeks! I like the Pilot but will decide after I can drive the Ascent. Haven’t been able to connect with any Subaru Ambassador here in south Florida. My buddy was able to use an Ambassador coupon when he got his Outback a few years ago, so I was wondering if these are still available. If anyone has any info about this it would be greatly appreciated.
In order to get a coupon, you'd need to meet an Ambassador in your area. Why not join a local Subaru club on Facebook and go to a Subie meet? There's bound to be 2 or 5 Subaru Ambassadors there. Remember, it's entirely their discretion if and when they want to give out a coupon.

But no, you won't get a coupon from asking strangers online. That's not what they're for. We're not Subaru Salespeople or coupon books. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
208 Posts
after reading this thread, I went to their site and applied. Today I got an email inviting me to continue the application process! Yay!

·
Super Moderator
906 Posts
Ambassador here for the Northern NJ area. I'm very interested in the Ascent, but reserving final judgment for my own personal preference until I test drive one in a few weeks. Planning on replacing my 2011 Outback 2.5 in the next year anyway, so it looks like it'll either be the Ascent or the Outback 3.6...

We own a 2016 Honda Pilot that isn't my daily driver, which I'm not too crazy about. The Ascent wouldn't replace the Pilot for us (yet), it would compliment it. Since I usually do the vacation/trip driving myself, could work nicely.

·
Administrator
8,884 Posts
Ambassador here for the Northern NJ area. I'm very interested in the Ascent, but reserving final judgment for my own personal preference until I test drive one in a few weeks. Planning on replacing my 2011 Outback 2.5 in the next year anyway, so it looks like it'll either be the Ascent or the Outback 3.6...

We own a 2016 Honda Pilot that isn't my daily driver, which I'm not too crazy about. The Ascent wouldn't replace the Pilot for us (yet), it would compliment it. Since I usually do the vacation/trip driving myself, could work nicely.
Liberty Subaru will be doing test drives June 1st and 2nd. I will be there on the 2nd (as a customer, not as an Ambassador - they already heavily staffed the test drive event).

·
Super Moderator
906 Posts

Liberty Subaru will be doing test drives June 1st and 2nd. I will be there on the 2nd (as a customer, not as an Ambassador - they already heavily staffed the test drive event).
Ah, small world. I have had an appointment for the 1st. Didn’t want to share all the specifics. Looking forward to it. Bringing my 4 year old copilot and my car seats!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I have been lingering around this forum for a while now and came across this thread back in April, I think. I googled the Subaru ambassador program to find out more and filled out an interest form on their website. About a month later I got an email that said that the wanted to know a little bit more about me and filled that out. Today I got an email stating that I am invited to fill out an application to become a Subaru ambassador. How awesome is that!! I didn't think much of it when I applied and didn't even expect anything will come of it. I have always been a Subaru fan and have owned 3 in the last 12 years. Looks like they are recruiting additional ambassadors. I am in the Chicago land area so if you are too and interested in becoming one definitely try to apply now.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts