Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can't wait for the Ascent to land! I've got six kids and this will provide a great alternative to our Ford Transit. Oh, and I got to ride in a Ascent just yesterday! :grin:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hello,

Can't wait for the Ascent to land! I've got six kids and this will provide a great alternative to our Ford Transit. Oh, and I got to ride in a Ascent just yesterday! :grin:
I believe you are the first member here who rode in a Ascent...congratulations :smile:
How was the ride, engine power, cabin noise, seat comfort, material quality etc?
I never owned any Subaru's before, but already preordered mine and love to know more about the Ascent.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hello,

well you sir have me very jealous !

·
Registered
597 Posts
I believe you are the first member here who rode in a Ascent...congratulations :smile:
How was the ride, engine power, cabin noise, seat comfort, material quality etc?
I never owned any Subaru's before, but already preordered mine and love to know more about the Ascent.
Yes we need more details especially on ride, engine power, and cabin noise!!

Congrats on getting a ride in one!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hopefully this means that some actual hands on/driving review videos will start showing up soon. Not the same Auto Show crap that is floating around.

Reactions: zegilbert

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Yeah talk about a tease...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hey guys, sorry for the delay! I thought I subscribed to the thread but didn't see any alerts. I just checked in and saw the replies!

I'll try to sum up the ride. I've had a 2017 wrx cvt, 2017 & 2018 outback for comparison. It's not as fast as the wrx on boost but felt faster than both 4 cylinder outbacks. The cabin is so quiet! We didn't do a interstate run but we did a highway ride. Kinda like the difference between the old Crosstrek's and the 2018 Crosstrek. The new chassis is so nice. Just quiet and compliant are the best words I could use to describe it.

It's big when sitting next to the Outback but doesn't look like a Excursion in comparison to a Explorer back when those were out. I'll look at the comments again and try to respond.

Another thing I'll add is the details in fit and finish looked great. I love how the 'leather' trim across the dash creates a small pocket. Nice place to put you and your passengers phone. Another thing I liked was how wide the rear doors open. Great for entry but might make it easier for kids to take out cars parked next door.:tango_face_surprise Front seats feel amazing. As soon as you sit down, you notice them. Love the adjustable thigh bolster up front.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it was a touring and that's the first thing I turned on! Felt nice. I've got 6 kids and the 8 passenger model on order. Really wish I could have those and the rain sensing wipers on the 8. Oh well...

I also activated the rear view camera in the mirror. Pretty neat idea. I was so overwhelmed that I didn't try the front facing camera.

Forgot to ask was it a Touring did you get to try the ventilated seats?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looking at the picture of the front passenger door, it doesn't look like there is any place to rest your arm...or am I just not seeing it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking at the picture of the front passenger door, it doesn't look like there is any place to rest your arm...or am I just not seeing it?
It's not the front but this might give you a better idea of what the arm rest looks like. Not sure why this pic goes sideways when I upload it. I've rotated 90 degrees before it's uploaded and it's 180 degrees off!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yes, it was a touring and that's the first thing I turned on! Felt nice. I've got 6 kids and the 8 passenger model on order. Really wish I could have those and the rain sensing wipers on the 8. Oh well...

I also activated the rear view camera in the mirror. Pretty neat idea. I was so overwhelmed that I didn't try the front facing camera.
Good to hear that it worked well. My wife has it in her Sonata and since I have to get leather I wanted that feature and it was the reason I ordered the Touring model.

I checked out a rear view camera in the Traverse and it is neat but I'm not sure how much I would really use it. Front facing camera is should be nice especially for pulling into tight spaces!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for the photos. Gives a good idea on the size of the Ascent compared to the Outback.

Would you happen to also have a comparison photo of the sides? :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the photos. Gives a good idea on the size of the Ascent compared to the Outback.

Would you happen to also have a comparison photo of the sides? /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
I wish I did, sorry. Actually one of the salesman took those 2 comparison pictures to tease me before I made it up there. Really puts in perspective...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good to hear that it worked well. My wife has it in her Sonata and since I have to get leather I wanted that feature and it was the reason I ordered the Touring model.

I checked out a rear view camera in the Traverse and it is neat but I'm not sure how much I would really use it. Front facing camera is should be nice especially for pulling into tight spaces!
Agreed on the usefulness of the 2nd rear camera. I do see a case when you're towing and have a car full of gear in the back. Sometimes our Ford Transit 150 is packed to the top on family vacations. I could imagine it might be nice to check out back sometimes. Or see how close someone's riding your bumper!

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Thanks for the pix!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great pics!! Anymore side by side images with the Outback?

Ascent definitely looks bigger. I hope it's longer too for cargo space. I have an 2010 Outback and am a photographer, so need to carry a lot of gear daily. Hoping the third seat down with captain chairs will be enough room for large pieces of foam board, light stands, etc.

I preordered Limited in Blue - can't wait!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Great pics love being able to see the size comparison to the outback since that is what we will be trading in.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts