Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a training session at a hotel today and look what I saw outside (see attached pics). I think this hotel is near the Subaru of America headquarters so they must have had some sort of meeting or training there.

I was going to ask about a test drive but I didn’t want to be a creep and bug them. I figured they would be outside studying the cars but they must have stayed inside.

The blue and the dark grey are tourings, the light grey is a limited with black leather. The blue and dark grey colors look terrific, light grey is ok but maybe I’m tired of it since that’s the color of our Forester. The dark grey looks better then I thought it would in person, though I have to say that the brown leather is not a great match with that grey.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I thought the same thing! Thats why I ended up ordering white.
The missus liked the white color. Its definitely a few shades darker than our current white Honda Pilot.

However....do I really want to get another white vehicle since we've had this white Pilot for about 14 years now? :confused:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Am I the only one on this board that likes the blue? When looking at the color selection online, my wife and I both liked the blue and thought most buyers would also prefer blue. Shows what we know... :nerd:
I also like the blue (saw it at a car show), very much actually. Too many white cars and SUVs on the road today. With its legendary Subaru AWD and boxer heritage, I think the Ascent deserves to stand out a bit from the rest of the pack. Just my opinion, of course, as I know personal tastes really vary...

·
Registered
10 Posts
my local dealership contacted me and told me they received their Ascent demo. It was a White Limited. I really wished they had a Touring so i could see the java leather in person. Here are some pictures I took on my cell. The 3rd row is usable, but from what I remember when i tested the Atlas, the Atlas still had more leg room in the 3rd row. Wished i could have driven the Ascent!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Am I the only one on this board that likes the blue? When looking at the color selection online, my wife and I both liked the blue and thought most buyers would also prefer blue. Shows what we know... :nerd:
We ordered the blue. We thought that was the best color. I am actually under the impression that a lot of people will be getting the blue because it's widely advertised with that color and it's gorgeous. Hopefully you're right though and not a lot of people get the blue :tango_face_wink:

Yikes, my anxiety is kicking in right now looking at how close they got those wheels to that curb!

·
Registered
597 Posts
I also like the blue (saw it at a car show), very much actually. Too many white cars and SUVs on the road today. With its legendary Subaru AWD and boxer heritage, I think the Ascent deserves to stand out a bit from the rest of the pack. Just my opinion, of course, as I know personal tastes really vary...
Have to admit I really wanted to get red but as my current vehicle of 13 years was red my wife wanted a different color. I had no issue switching to blue which I also like. I also think the blue looks good with the Java interior on the touring I ordered.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Have to admit I really wanted to get red but as my current vehicle of 13 years was red my wife wanted a different color. I had no issue switching to blue which I also like. I also think the blue looks good with the Java interior on the touring I ordered.
I'm glad you guys are all ordering blue. Maybe that means less reds and mine will come off the line sooner?????

·
Registered
149 Posts
We ordered blue. We have had pearl white and white cars & trucks for awhile and the more I looked the more I realized all of the cars on the road are white, Black, silver or red danged near. I was worried about the blue with java interior (we went with touring model) & almost went with white for resale but then I decided I might just keep this beauty forever! Sounding like she really will be a keeper! SO excited!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Love it! Went to "subaru.com/2019ascent" as advertised on the back lid.

Got a '404' (page not found) for my efforts.

·
Administrator
7,800 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Love it! Went to "subaru.com/2019ascent" as advertised on the back lid.

Got a '404' (page not found) for my efforts.
The actual link is the one we've all been going to...

https://www.subaru.com/ascent

or

https://www.subaru.com/vehicles/ascent/index.html

(which is where the first link I posted redirects to)
I think this is what jwhip meant on his post (see attached)

...and I agree that if you see those vehicles on the highway and type that URL to get more info and get a "404" error....well, that would be a little embarrassing :eek:

·
Administrator
7,800 Posts
I think this is what jwhip meant on his post (see attached)

...and I agree that if you see those vehicles on the highway and type that URL to get more info and get a "404" error....well, that would be a little embarrassing :eek:
Yep, I agree. I already reported it to SoA. I'll fire off a message to DCI as well.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yikes, my anxiety is kicking in right now looking at how close they got those wheels to that curb!
Yeah one of the tires was up against the curb! I cringed when I saw it but there was really nothing I could do.

I do think the blue exterior is my favorite but the only premium/limited interior color it can be paired with is ivory. I figured the kids would destroy it. So I went with white on black.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
my local dealership contacted me and told me they received their Ascent demo. It was a White Limited. I really wished they had a Touring so i could see the java leather in person. Here are some pictures I took on my cell. The 3rd row is usable, but from what I remember when i tested the Atlas, the Atlas still had more leg room in the 3rd row. Wished i could have driven the Ascent!
Looks great, but do they make leather wrap to get rid of that beige accent in the interior?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looks great, but do they make leather wrap to get rid of that beige accent in the interior?
A few of us have mentioned displeasure with that beige (Ivory) accent with the black interior in a few other threads. In limited / touring trims, that piece is actually wrapped in Ivory "leather", while in base / premium it is textured plastic. Someone aftermarket will hopefully make a replacement trim piece / wrap or otherwise.

·
Administrator
7,800 Posts
Regarding the broken link... (/2019Ascent)...

Yep, I agree. I already reported it to SoA. I'll fire off a message to DCI as well.
It's been sent to the web team, so, it should be fixed pretty quickly.

Good morning Robert,

Thank you for reaching and making us aware of this. I have forwarded your email to the appropriate team members so they can investigate this.

Feel free to reach out with additional questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
Rachael Q
Subaru Ambassador HQ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts