Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What straps and ratchets do people use to tie down cargo? The weight of cargo I have is rarely above 200 lbs. I have a kid in a car seat in the third row, and realize I need to keep the seats up as much as possible so cargo is not in the passenger compartment. Sometimes, however, it may be unavoidable, so I want to securities e cargo as much as possible. I heard that CargoBuckle has good options.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I use the standard 1" wide straps from local big box stores (HF, HD, walmart). the Ascent has four anchor points/loops and it appears to have lower tensile strength than like a 4Runner (e.g. 2000 4runner that I used to own).

Can't comment on CargoBuckle ... it looks like a neat design w/ a heavy price tag.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have a gladiator cargo net with four box store ratchet straps using the four anchor points. works perfect so far, lots of gear over very rough dirt roads and nothing moves or rattles.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,827 Posts
The singular issue I find with strapping down to the interior rings is the small size of the rings. (Not unique to the Ascent, either) A lot of available hold-down options were more designed for use on utility trailers, etc., where there are larger rings and the ends are more difficult to get through the interior rings just due to size and position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts