Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wiper blades are not great with removing rain and leave a film on the windshield. We went to replace the blades with better ones but the screws needed for the replacements were not compatible with the Subaru arms. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good brand of wiper blade that is Subaru Ascent Friendly? Thank you...

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
If your Ascent is a relatively new one, then I suggest having the dealer replace them at no cost to you. The Subaru ones on mine do a great job, and I live in rainy western Washington, so they are currently getting a great workout.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Ascent was purchased Sep 23. So it is fairly new. The place I bought it from is an hour drive one-way. Would any Subaru Dealer replace it? There is one closer.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
I would certainly ask them as it would save the cost of replacing them. I’ve had great luck with the stock wiper blades on all three of my Subaru’s, however, when they do need replacement after a year or so I don’t use the Subaru product due to their cost, and instead generally go with the Rain-X blades or something similar.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
Just an FYI, when I picked up my Limited in September the service manager at my dealership told me that wiper blades and bulbs were covered under the 3 year warranty. I was surprised but he assured me that they were covered.

Maybe someone can confirm this...

Reactions: MaxieScruf

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gary As Mark asked would SOA cover it or the individual dealer. I.E. My dealership supplies lifetime oil changes but I don't believe that SOA offers that. Thanks, Helene

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
Helene - The way I understood it SOA warranty will cover blades & bulbs so any dealer should be OK with replacing them if you are having trouble.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would look into asking about getting them replaced. These wipers are probably the best wipers I've used on a car in recent years in terms of how well they wipe and really limit streaks. This is the only time in my life I will probably replace them with an OEM set or figure out who makes them for Subaru and buy through them.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yes, Subaru will cover 1 set of wiper blades for your car in the first 3 years. The wipers on my Ascent are fantastic. The wipers on my 2013 outback with 60k miles, however, definitely need replacing. They are still original lol :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Silicone if found last the longest and the auto parts stores seem to sell a lot of rubber ones last only a couple years.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Don't replace them yourself during the 3 year one pair coverage period...

Helene - The way I understood it SOA warranty will cover blades & bulbs so any dealer should be OK with replacing them if you are having trouble.
Yes, Subaru will cover 1 set of wiper blades for your car in the first 3 years. The wipers on my Ascent are fantastic. The wipers on my 2013 outback with 60k miles, however, definitely need replacing. They are still original lol :)
Just one point to add to the above, if YOU change the wipers to non-Subaru wipers, they are not obligated to replace them at all. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
240 Posts
The wiper blades on my 4 month old Ascent are in rough shape. With the snow and salt here in Western NY, they aren't cleaning the outer edges very well at all... they were smudging so bad that it disabled the Eyesight for awhile.

I planned on just buying new blades... but if Subaru covers them as part of the 3 year warranty (does this mean they are also covered under the extended warranty??), I would be happy to try a new set of blades from the dealer. I may go in for an oil change tomorrow, so I will check then. Thanks!

*EDIT* One pair in the first 3 years. Bummer. Ah well.. one pair is better than none!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I want to thank EVERYONE for your input. First of all, I had the same problem as Sloheim and it was very upsetting. I have had smearing of the windshield from Day 1. Couldn't see out of the windshield in rain. I am happy to say, we called our selling dealer, Lokey Subaru, and they sent 3 replacement wiper blades to their Nissan Dealership that is much closer to my home. I picked them up today. So yes, the Subaru dealership replaced the blades free of charge. This was an unexpected surprise.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
I want to thank EVERYONE for your input. First of all, I had the same problem as Sloheim and it was very upsetting. I have had smearing of the windshield from Day 1. Couldn't see out of the windshield in rain. I am happy to say, we called our selling dealer, Lokey Subaru, and they sent 3 replacement wiper blades to their Nissan Dealership that is much closer to my home. I picked them up today. So yes, the Subaru dealership replaced the blades free of charge. This was an unexpected surprise.
Not really. Not to some of us. :grin: :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also had the same exact problem on my brand new Ascent. They were HORRIBLE! I could not see in the rain. It was a safety hazard. I brought my car to the closest dealership because mine was also an hour away. My dealership replaced them with no problems. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts