Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we start a sticky for wheels and tire proven to fit?

What is the minimal load rating(Robert can provide that) and what brand and offset you have on the rims and the tire size that will NOT rub on a non-lifted Ascent. Figured if it doesn't rub on a non-lifted Ascent it will not rub on a lifted Ascent.

·
Registered
542 Posts
18x8.5 +40 TSW Chronos fit and are strong and very light (rotary forged). I want to say maybe 5-10lbs of unsprung weight removed per wheel due to design/construction.

2000lb rating per wheel

Running no lift and oem size 18s (245/60/18) tires in Continental Terraincontact, which strangely seem louder than my Falken Wildpeaks ATs on my truck. But need more miles to confirm.

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
18x8.5 +40 TSW Chronos fit and are strong and very light (rotary forged). I want to say maybe 5-10lbs of unsprung weight removed per wheel.

Running no lift and oem size 18s (245/60/18) tires in Continental Terraincontact, which strangely seem louder than my Falken Wildpeaks ATs on my truck. But need more miles to confirm.
Do you notice any handling difference with less unsprung weight?

·
Registered
542 Posts
18x8.5 +40 TSW Chronos fit and are strong and very light (rotary forged). I want to say maybe 5-10lbs of unsprung weight removed per wheel.

Do you notice any handling difference with less unsprung weight?
Yup! Definitely feels faster accelerating but I’ve only put 2 miles on it. Kinda like a fully loaded passengers vs solo driver

Supposedly the rotary forge process reduces the thickness needed for the rim reducing rotational mass.

Has a lot of caliper clearance as well. I can fit my fingers behind the calipers on front. The wheels on my truck regularly scrape off weights when they rotate tires.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Has anyone tired Motegi MR118 wheels? They don't show on Tire Rack or Discount Tire as being a fit, but the Motegi website lists them as compatible. Wondering if that's in error or if this is something worth exploring further.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Just go to tires.com. Enter the Ascent and it will give you tons of choices of wheels and tires, both OEM and upgraded sizes that will fit. They are all laser measured to ensure fit!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Maybe also include the stock weights of the rims and tires currently on the Ascent.

I can tell the stock tires are pretty thin as I just had to plug my first tire from a 3/4 inch screw I picked up this weekend. After that my wife is thinking I should get some beefier tires.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Has anyone tired Motegi MR118 wheels? They don't show on Tire Rack or Discount Tire as being a fit, but the Motegi website lists them as compatible. Wondering if that's in error or if this is something worth exploring further.

I just checked the motegi website and the MR118s did NOT show as compatible using the Ascent as the vehicle. Even if they did clear the calipers (fit) the load rating of 1580lbs is still lower than the required (work) load of 1650lbs.

Again, most people add 10% for safety purposes and look for rims with 1800lbs or higher load rating.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just checked the motegi website and the MR118s did NOT show as compatible using the Ascent as the vehicle. Even if they did clear the calipers (fit) the load rating of 1580lbs is still lower than the required (work) load of 1650lbs.

Again, most people add 10% for safety purposes and look for rims with 1800lbs or higher load rating.
Looks like they have updated. It now shows the MR139 in 17" as being a fit

https://www.motegiracing.com/wheels...odelID=&search=1&redirectTo=browse-wheels.cfm

·
Registered
542 Posts

Looks like they have updated. It now shows the MR139 in 17" as being a fit

https://www.motegiracing.com/wheels...odelID=&search=1&redirectTo=browse-wheels.cfm
MR103 is a good looking wheel ! Too bad no 18”, but if I were to lower an Ascent ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts