Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had same problem, and posted somewhere else about it. Turns out when you push volume knob, it simply mutes the radio. So when engine is turned back on, it is unmuted back to previous volume. (Look in upper right corner when you push the button, and you’ll see a mute symbol.) The only "solution"—which I think sucks—is to hold volume button down for a few seconds 'til the whole thing powers off. That will remain that way after a restart.

But you don’t have to tell me that there's a difference between the whole infotainment system being off, and just the sound! Poor design that we're stuck with, I think. My solution is to turn volume all the way down to 0 as my "off." (Only trick with that is I have to remember to only do that on radio, as a CD or Bluetooth connection to Spotify, e.g., will mean the album will keep playing.)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Is there a way to turn off the sound so each time I turn on the car it doesn't come on even though I have turned it off before turning car off? Driving me batty!
Turn the sound/volume knob all the way down before you leave the car. That seems to work for me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Found problem with this approach. When it’s off - entire head unit is off - so no map.

I would want to have no Audio but have screen show map on start.
Sounds like 'volume to 0' it is then.

That seems frustrating. No way to turn the stereo off with out tuning the entire head unit off...hummm

Reactions: Brian Belfiore
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.