Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my stereo default setting as myself, my husband has his own setting which is after mine in the 'order of selection', but if both of us are in the car it will always be his settings that the car brings up instead of mine. Additionally, recently I have noticed this happens when I first start the car up- it is not choosing mine to start with but will switch to mine after a moment, if my spouse is not in the car with me.
How do I get the system to start with mine and use mine only if I am in the car?

·
Registered
680 Posts
its not a "default " if you keep changing it ... create your profile and move to the top of the list

its select profiles based on Bluetooth signal of the phone , in list order
and make sure you radio is up to date

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
Your radio presets are linked to your driver profile and the driver profile is linked to a key fob. So there should be 2 driver profiles, one for each key fob, which ever fob starts the car will be be the profile that is active, it may take a second after starting for the profile to switch. The order of the profiles shouldn't matter, if both fobs are in the car it will use the fob/profile that starts the car.

Phones work differently, when two phones are paired and both are in the car, the first phone listed will be connected to the car.

The Ascent is now our only vehicle and the profiles switch back and forth correctly depending on who is driving but if we are together my phone will connect to the car since it is listed first even if my wife is driving.

Hope this helps to clarify what's going on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't even think about the key fobs controlling it. However- my name is listed first, my husband's is 2nd. If he starts the car and I am passenger (usually with both my key and phone with me) his profile will be the one the car uses- it will not switch to mine unless I plug my phone in to the USB. It used to switch over to mine if I was passenger but it no longer does- Denissh made a good point of making sure my radio is up to date- it has been awhile since i have done that so I wonder if that is contributing to the issue.

Your radio presets are linked to your driver profile and the driver profile is linked to a key fob. So there should be 2 driver profiles, one for each key fob, which ever fob starts the car will be be the profile that is active, it may take a second after starting for the profile to switch. The order of the profiles shouldn't matter, if both fobs are in the car it will use the fob/profile that starts the car.

Phones work differently, when two phones are paired and both are in the car, the first phone listed will be connected to the car.

The Ascent is now our only vehicle and the profiles switch back and forth correctly depending on who is driving but if we are together my phone will connect to the car since it is listed first even if my wife is driving.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
It took some fooling around to get the profiles and phones working the way I wanted them to work. When you set up the profiles make sure the car is linked to the correct fob for that profile. When I set up my profile I put my wife's fob in sleep mode and vice versa just to make sure, we also have different color wallpaper so it's easy to tell whose profiles is active,

A plugged in phone will always take over the connection to the car, but if you want your phone to automatically be connected to the car regardless of who is driving try changing the order the phones are listed and put yours at the top. This is described in the radio manual.

Of course you can always switch phones manually but it is nice to have it work auto magically.

·
Registered
680 Posts

RADIO driver profile is NOT linked to a key fob at all , it is linked to your cell phone Bluetooth
memory seats linked to key fob but not radio

Also it got 2 separate orders for Bluetooth devices and Driver Profiles , it is better to update order on both

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
RADIO driver profile is NOT linked to a key fob at all , it is linked to your cell phone Bluetooth
memory seats linked to key fob but not radio

View attachment 6886

Also it got 2 separate orders for Bluetooth devices and Driver Profiles , it is better to update order on both
I thought I had it figured out but you are correct, so somehow I got everything working correctly using a bad assumption.

Having it tied only to the phone seems dumb to me. A better name would be Phone Profile since it has nothing to do with the driver/fob.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 7 of 7 Posts