Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to work around the stereo auto playing the radio using the various kludges I've picked up around here, including leaving the radio tuned to the SiriusXM channel that's always silent (0 or 1, can't remember) and doing a 3-second push when shutting off the vehicle.

This has mostly worked -- with the radio on the silent Sirius channel, I at least don't get unwanted radio during times where the car would otherwise play the radio. The 3-second-push off setting keeps bluetooth from playing.

But I've stumbled across a situation where 3 second push off will play audio. The other day I got into the car after having stopped it and turned the stereo "off" previously. I noticed my phone battery was low, so I plugged it in before starting the car. To my surprise, the display remained dark as if it was off but began playing CarPlay audio.

I can't help but think that this is just a giant bug, and there's a need for a software change that at least respects the 3-second-push off mode as truly off for all possible sources of audio.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,907 Posts
That's normal operation for CarPlay as well as BlueTooth, AFAIK. It will re-start whatever audio source you previously were using when the phone attaches to the vehicle's system in many circumstances.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The same thing that Jim mentioned happens in my Nissan without Carplay but the regular pre-Carplay Apple interface. When the headunit detects my phone it will turn itself on and resume whatever was last playing be it music, a podcast, or even a youtube video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.