Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owned the car for a month now and on the third day while driving to Florida from Virginia the SRH Off light in the center between the gauges started blinking.

I did around on the manual and all I found was that it was the cars way of telling my there is a sensor issue. I can get it to go away if I cycle the ignition but that's not really a viable fix. It just continues blinking again.

I can induce the issue by driving on back roads where they seem to steer more than when on the interstate. But no matter what type of road they always stop working and the SRH Off indicator started blinking.

Any ideas before I take it in to the dealer?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Take it to the dealer.

Reactions: DunEuro

·
Registered
668 Posts
DunEuro, I would also encourage you to get it taken care of under-warranty.

Those steering responsive headlamps do add quite a bit of road-safety value.

And I give them a workout every single night I drive, as my commute is all secondary surface streets - they should not be turning themselves off because of the need to move more frequently with a curvier roadway.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Haven’t had any issues with mine. Still the best headlights I have had by a long shot! (Not counting the Clearwater lights on my motorcycle. Talk about lighting up the night!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
These SRH and the infotainment is why I'm buying the extended warranty on this thing.. one headlight 5 years from now would likely make it worth it

·
Registered
96 Posts
These SRH and the infotainment is why I'm buying the extended warranty on this thing.. one headlight 5 years from now would likely make it worth it
Well, two- Each headlight assembly (all one-piece) is $675. Don't turn off Forward Collision Braking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Owned the car for a month now and on the third day while driving to Florida from Virginia the SRH Off light in the center between the gauges started blinking.

I did around on the manual and all I found was that it was the cars way of telling my there is a sensor issue. I can get it to go away if I cycle the ignition but that's not really a viable fix. It just continues blinking again.

I can induce the issue by driving on back roads where they seem to steer more than when on the interstate. But no matter what type of road they always stop working and the SRH Off indicator started blinking.

Any ideas before I take it in to the dealer?
I found that stopping and restarting clears this pesky electronic nonsense

1 - 11 of 11 Posts