Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been hitting some trails recently and have been keeping an eye on the inclinometer display.

I have seen 20 degrees incline (hill on second pic) and 16 decline (night shot).

Curious if anyone has taken a steeper trail, I’m wondering at what angle would be too steep for the tires and powertrain to overcome.

Went up and down both with X mode. Very little slippage on the hard pack dirt (Think decomposed granite) with Falken Wildpeak AT Trail on street tire pressure

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
I'm "looking up" at an angle with the cam for this shot, because we're pretty low down. This was probably 20-25° incline. Every Subie that tried it, made it up easily. It's pretty packed down though, so, no slipping issues.

You can get an idea of how far down the ground is, in the early parts of this video, and how short the run up to the top of the hill is:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I just saw on a Subaru Awd test YouTube video from years ago showing a 06 B9 and Forester doing a 35 degree slope with traction crawl only (no momentum). Good to know where the “limits” are.

At 6:20

1 - 4 of 4 Posts