Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I preordered my Ascent Limited in early March. Waiting for the car now. I was wondering what everyone is paying for the Starlink safety and security package. Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the attachement. Wow, didnt realize the big price difference in purchasing the service at the time of vehicle purchase vs. after.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Does anyone know if you add the cost to the financed part of the purchase and lets say you sell the car or say the car gets totaled before say 7 years (If that is what you decide to purchase). Are you reimbursed for any balance that was paid if you incorporate it into the loan??

I am not sure if that is broken out specifically into the loan and if not then how would you be able to show you purchased and applied it to the financing

·
Registered
764 Posts
Does anyone know if you add the cost to the financed part of the purchase and lets say you sell the car or say the car gets totaled before say 7 years (If that is what you decide to purchase). Are you reimbursed for any balance that was paid if you incorporate it into the loan??

I am not sure if that is broken out specifically into the loan and if not then how would you be able to show you purchased and applied it to the financing

No, you will not get a refund on any unused portion.

Your salesman/dealership registers the Starlink plan you've chosen. They take care of the paperwork with the regular loan/purchase contract.

·
Registered
234 Posts
No, you will not get a refund on any unused portion.

Your salesman/dealership registers the Starlink plan you've chosen. They take care of the paperwork with the regular loan/purchase contract.
Thanks Jason

Is that true regardless of how you purchase the services finance vs paying separate via CC? (I thought I saw that as an option as well)

·
Registered
20 Posts
@Jason I can understand not being reimbursed, but can you transfer it to a new vehicle? For instance if you total your ascent 2 years in can the plan be transferred to a new ascent?

·
Registered
598 Posts
@abby41260 Hi :) See my previous post with the link it provides information
All joking aside those terms do answer all the questions about it.

Here is the paragraph regarding refunds:
"Refund Rights. If you cancel your pre-paid Service Plan prior to its expiration, you may receive a refund of amounts you directly paid in advance, unless provided otherwise in any offer for the Service Plan you accepted. We will refund to you on a pro-rata basis fees prepaid by you for the Services for remaining portions of the pre-paid Service Plan, (i) after the date you request cancellation, or (ii) upon providing written proof of your Vehicle Disposal Event, after the date of occurrence of such event. Fees for Services received during trial or in conjunction with promotional offerings may not be refunded."

Sounds like you can get a prorated refund but not for promo offers which is what the intro costs appear to be if you sign up at the time of purchase.

·
Registered
234 Posts
All joking aside those terms do answer all the questions about it.

Here is the paragraph regarding refunds:
"Refund Rights. If you cancel your pre-paid Service Plan prior to its expiration, you may receive a refund of amounts you directly paid in advance, unless provided otherwise in any offer for the Service Plan you accepted. We will refund to you on a pro-rata basis fees prepaid by you for the Services for remaining portions of the pre-paid Service Plan, (i) after the date you request cancellation, or (ii) upon providing written proof of your Vehicle Disposal Event, after the date of occurrence of such event. Fees for Services received during trial or in conjunction with promotional offerings may not be refunded."

Sounds like you can get a prorated refund but not for promo offers which is what the intro costs appear to be if you sign up at the time of purchase.
Yea looks like it based off of the chart included in an earlier post.

Have you used the app for remote start before?

·
Registered
764 Posts
@Jason I can understand not being reimbursed, but can you transfer it to a new vehicle? For instance if you total your ascent 2 years in can the plan be transferred to a new ascent?

4.TRANSFERRING, REACTIVATING OR CHANGING YOUR SERVICE.

Unless we agree otherwise, your SUBARU STARLINK Services are not transferable to another Vehicle or another person. We will only accept requests to activate, cancel, change or reactivate your STARLINK Services from you or an additional authorized user of legal age listed on your account (or from someone we believe is your authorized agent), and you agree to pay any charges associated with these requests.

·
Registered
598 Posts

I have not so thats why I wanted to try it out before I sign up and pay for 7 years of it. Sounds like you have 6 months from purchase to sign up and get the introductory pricing though so thats good news.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have not so thats why I wanted to try it out before I sign up and pay for 7 years of it. Sounds like you have 6 months from purchase to sign up and get the introductory pricing though so thats good news.
Yea I agree. May take advantage of the trial period and once comfortable sign up within the 6 months

·
Registered
598 Posts

Yea I agree. May take advantage of the trial period and once comfortable sign up within the 6 months
Yah, prolly going to do the same unless we get some good feedback from current owners...

Has anyone who has taken delivery and signed up for the SS&S+ tried out the remote starting functions via the app yet? Any feedback?

·
Registered
965 Posts
4.TRANSFERRING, REACTIVATING OR CHANGING YOUR SERVICE.

Unless we agree otherwise, your SUBARU STARLINK Services are not transferable to another Vehicle or another person. We will only accept requests to activate, cancel, change or reactivate your STARLINK Services from you or an additional authorized user of legal age listed on your account (or from someone we believe is your authorized agent), and you agree to pay any charges associated with these requests.

@Jason ...

SubieNet - Vehicle/Sales - Starlink Sales - new 62 page manual

Read pages 8 - 10. The customer can now cancel a plan and receive a prorated refund. Since they're changing things, what we USED to know about the 3 year max plan no longer applies since they have a 7 year plan.

• If customer cancels a plan that is still consuming a trial period, the remaining trial period will be lost.
• Prorating refunds account for free trial periods and will not be pro-rated based on the entire term (ex: If a 4 year Safety Trial Plan with 3 year trial is cancelled in year 2, customer will receive a full refund).

1 - 20 of 96 Posts