Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Ascent Limited
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for my wife to come out of a store, I was checking out the Starlink app on the console. It told me I had to install the app on my phone in order to use it. Reading the reviews on Play Store it doesn't sound very good. I do have to 3 year security Plus package. Should I be getting traffic and weather alerts? I am still in the free 4 month SiriusXM period also. Not sure where those alerts come from, but I have not heard one.

Quickly looked in the settings and did not see where to enable or disable them. Then the wife came out.........

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Waiting for my wife to come out of a store, I was checking out the Starlink app on the console. It told me I had to install the app on my phone in order to use it. Reading the reviews on Play Store it doesn't sound very good. I do have to 3 year security Plus package. Should I be getting traffic and weather alerts? I am still in the free 4 month SiriusXM period also. Not sure where those alerts come from, but I have not heard one.

Quickly looked in the settings and did not see where to enable or disable them. Then the wife came out.........
If you have any recent year (2015 or newer) smartphone (Android or Apple), then don't install Starlink. It's a holdover from before people had Android Auto and Carplay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts