Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the first time I noticed the issue. I dropped my car off last night to get the oil changed at a Subaru dealership. I locked the keys inside using the Starlink app. Today when they called, I unlocked it using the Starlink app. A few seconds later, I got the notification, and email, stating "Remote Door Unlock Success." However, the doors were still locked. I tried it three times, all saying "Success" before driving to the dealership to check myself. Sure enough, doors were locked. The extra key was at home, so I tried one more time standing right next to it, and it worked.

Before, there has been times where it didn't work, but it said there was an error. Anyone else having this issue? Its frustrating because I rely on this feature when I can't always check if it worked. I'm going to ask the dealership to look into it, but I'm hoping its an easy fix.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
Keys should be disabled before locking them in the car. I'd try that first.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
I will try that! Do you disable the key? Or disable the keyless entry feature on the keys?
It's kinda the same thing. Any button press will re-enable it. Someone posted the instructions in the forum someplace. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll search.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
810 Posts
Hold down the Fob Lock button while double pressing the Fob Unlock button. Fob LED will blink 4 times to confirm it is disabled.

Reactions: justmatt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a follow-up, I tried disabling the key, and it worked the first few times. Today, I dropped my car off to get detailed, disabled the key, left the disabled key in the car, and it locked. When I unlocked it from the app, the same thing happened: it said it unlocked successfully, and wasn't unlocked. So odd.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ Absolutely sure you selected the correct vehicle in the app, correct? :)
That is a very good question! Yes, at this time, we only have one Subaru. My husband still drives an F150. I do find it odd, though. I would expect if there were any issues to get the error message, which notifies you that the remote unlock request failed. Why it would keep saying it was successful when it wasn't does not make sense!

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
That is a very good question! Yes, at this time, we only have one Subaru. My husband still drives an F150. I do find it odd, though. I would expect if there were any issues to get the error message, which notifies you that the remote unlock request failed. Why it would keep saying it was successful when it wasn't does not make sense!
What are the chances the second FOB is in the car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What are the chances the second FOB is in the car?
Another good question, but not likely. I took everything out of the car to get it detailed, and the second fob has a bright orange case. I would have definitely seen it. Also, I was in the car when I disabled the fob, and locked the key in it. If the other key was in it, I don't think it would have locked. This time, as opposed to last time, I didn't have to lock the car with the app. I was able to use the door lock, and the keys did lock inside.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
I was able to use the door lock, and the keys did lock inside.
The door lock (touch strips) shouldn't lock the car unless it thinks there's a FOB at that particular door. It shouldn't function at all without registering a FOB outside and in proximity to that door. So, if that's what you were saying is happening, something really odd is going on, and I've have it checked out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The door lock (touch strips) shouldn't lock the car unless it thinks there's a FOB at that particular door. It shouldn't function at all without registering a FOB outside and in proximity to that door. So, if that's what you were saying is happening, something really odd is going on, and I've have it checked out.
Thanks for the help! I think I will be contacting the dealer again to look into the issue further!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts