Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched around and tried to look in recent posts, and it seems it is only happening to me. I have been getting a pop up for the past week saying Starlink is unavailable. I tried logging out/in and it still happens. I am on iOS, latest update.

I checked the subscription area and everything seems correct as well.

Thanks!!
Text Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had this happen to me this past Saturday with my iPhone XS while in an area of excellent AT&T cell coverage, but it resolved the issue by itself a few hours later. In addition, my wife's iPhone and MySubaru STARLINK app never had any issues, even though we were in the same locations.

I'm paying for the STARLINK service and expect it to be consistently reliable and available, so I hope I don't see this ever again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have searched around and tried to look in recent posts, and it seems it is only happening to me. I have been getting a pop up for the past week saying Starlink is unavailable. I tried logging out/in and it still happens. I am on iOS, latest update.

I checked the subscription area and everything seems correct as well.

Thanks!!
View attachment 1247
I'm having the same problem and took it in the local dealer and they could not fix and am now waiting for Subaru of America to call me back over this. Real frustrating.
Did you get your issue fixed? What did they do to fix it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm having the same problem and took it in the local dealer and they could not fix and am now waiting for Subaru of America to call me back over this. Real frustrating.
I spent about 3 hours at the dealer. They claimed they tried everything. I think the Starlink folks ended up fixing something. I remember the dealer telling me to logout and login to the app, uninstall and reinstall the app, they had me go to the website and make sure my car and everything shows up, and maybe something else. In the end, I remember logging in once, my account looked weird, but then the second time I logged in, it was finally working. I went to the Morrie's dealer in Brooklyn Park, MN. Maybe you can have your dealer contact them and asking about it. If it helps, the car is under my name, Marc Artmann.

Good luck, I know how frustrating this is!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Has it ever worked for you? I upgraded my subscription a few weeks after I got my Ascent and got that error every time I tried to remote start my car. I thought the issue would "work" itself out on Subaru's end but never did. I ended up calling Starlink and they fixed it. They also scheduled an appt for me with the dealer, but I got a text a few hours later saying my Starlink account was successfully activated remotely and I ended up not needing to take my car in.

In the app, did you try calling STARLINK Customer Support as opposed to Subaru Customer Support? They are different divisions (from what I understand). I would assume that Subaru customer support would route you to Starlink, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We got our new Ascent Saturday Oct 17th and paid for the safety and security plus, but have been getting this same error for the past 36 hours.

There is no light on the starlink panel, and get the same error when I try to do anything remotely with the iPhone app on my phone, on my wife’s phone, or on the computer web browser. My wife downloaded the app for the first time when we bought the car. My salesman says several other customers called in the past 3 days with issues.

I can see my subscription is active in the phone apps, and I’m able to remotely access my 2017 WRX in the app, but when I switch to the Ascent everything looks normal until I try to lock the doors, locate it, or remote start it.

I spoke to starlink yesterday and they have no idea why it’s not working, and claim they can’t do anything and said that I should take it to the dealer.

It doesn’t look like anyone found a common thread for the issue, but I’d really like to get this working before out 1600 mile trip to Phoenix AZ and back next weekend.

Help? Suggestions?

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
629 Posts
They must be having issues. Just went to remote start the Ascent and I heard the doors lock (the beep), then it came back about 30 seconds later saying it couldn't start the car.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,907 Posts
If you're having trouble with the service, did you call in to speak to them?

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you're having trouble with the service, did you call in to speak to them?
Yes, as I posted above, "I spoke to starlink yesterday and they have no idea why it’s not working, and claim they can’t do anything and said that I should take it to the dealer."

Today I spoke to the dealer and they told me to call 800-Subaru3, and now they have an ticket number for me and they're having IT look into it.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,907 Posts
Sorry, I missed that reference, Doc'...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry, I missed that reference, Doc'...
No Problem.

So, Starlink rep on Saturday denied an outage in service, and they did the same this AM. 800-Subaru3 took my concerns and Ascent VIN and "forwarded it to IT" and gave me a case number this AM, but they had not heard of an outage either.

However, at 1:40PM MDT I spoke to Jessie at Starlink to who acknowledged a Telematics outage affecting newer models, and they had an estimate of Wednesday AM to have the outage fixed. She took my VIN and forwarded it to IT and her supervisor, and said to call back Wednesday AM is service was still out on the Ascent.

It works fine with my 2017 WRX.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Mine did this in Days 2-5ish of owning my car. And then it worked fine.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Glad to hear you got an answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No Problem.

So, Starlink rep on Saturday denied an outage in service, and they did the same this AM. 800-Subaru3 took my concerns and Ascent VIN and "forwarded it to IT" and gave me a case number this AM, but they had not heard of an outage either.

However, at 1:40PM MDT I spoke to Jessie at Starlink to who acknowledged a Telematics outage affecting newer models, and they had an estimate of Wednesday AM to have the outage fixed. She took my VIN and forwarded it to IT and her supervisor, and said to call back Wednesday AM is service was still out on the Ascent.

It works fine with my 2017 WRX.
Hi. Im having the exact same issue. Worked fine first week of ownership, then stopped working. But only remote engine start. All other commands work via app. Have you been able to resolve this issue?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi. Im having the exact same issue. Worked fine first week of ownership, then stopped working. But only remote engine start. All other commands work via app. Have you been able to resolve this issue?
After both Subaru and star link sent a trouble ticket to IT, the next day I got a text message saying that my star link was activated. I went to the car and checked and everything was working.

So I would make a phone call to star link and have them start a trouble ticket for you. (855) 753-2495

Also maybe start a trouble ticket with Subaru 800-SUBARU3

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.