Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just Leased a new Subaru Ascent, and decided to signup for the 3-year Starlink security plus for $74.95 so we can get the remote start feature without paying $400 to have remote start installed. The dealer also mentioned our insurance company should give you a discount for the extra features that it gives you. I just called my insurance company, and they said it saved me $32.96 annually because of the vehicle locator feature. Of course everyone's insurance price and discounts are different. So after 3 years I would get a $23.93 back and get all the starlink security plus features...

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,846 Posts
I'll have to check with my carrier to see if that adds any discount. I called the other day and took both the base and the Security Plus to 7 years after I confirmed that the remote start actually worked in our driveway...we have very poor cell service right at our house because of line-of-sight obstruction to the local tower.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to check with my carrier to see if that adds any discount. I called the other day and took both the base and the Security Plus to 7 years after I confirmed that the remote start actually worked in our driveway...we have very poor cell service right at our house because of line-of-sight obstruction to the local tower.
Would be nice to get a convo going to see what discounts people get. My insurance is Statefarm.

·
Super Moderator
7,107 Posts
Discounts will be a combination of state and insurance company specific, so, if you all start discussing discounts, please don't forget to mention the state as well as the insurance company.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2020 on order and was getting remote start installed. I just called Liberty Mutual and I can save over $100 per month by getting Starlink on the vehicle.

I'm changing my order right now.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2020 on order and was getting remote start installed. I just called Liberty Mutual and I can save over $100 per month by getting Starlink on the vehicle.

I'm changing my order right now.....
It depends on how long you keep your car and subscribe to starlink... We are leasing the car, so we are only keeping it 3 years, so the cost for us was only $74.95 for 3 years. Longer I don't know what it will cost.. If you are keeping it longer for 3 years, find out how much it will be before canceling to make sure it's worth it etc...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I doubt $100 per month, maybe per year or billing cycle?
LOL $100 per year is correct...

Does anyone know how much the 7 year Starlink Safety and Security package is ?

Subaru does not publish these prices i just called them they said it was about $350

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL $100 per year is correct...

Does anyone know how much the 7 year Starlink Safety and Security package is ?

Subaru does not publish these prices i just called them they said it was about $350

Call your dealer.. He would be happy to sell it to you when the car comes in.

·
Super Moderator
7,107 Posts
Subscriptions at time of purchase are deeply discounted. I do not know how long they discount new subscriptions after purchase - of if they do.

I was a pre-order on Feb 8th, 2018, and purchase date of June 30th, 2018, and I think I paid $350ish (+/-) for 7 years of Safety & Security Plus, plus Concierge.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,846 Posts
Robert, that's about what I just paid last week for 7 years, converting from the "free" intro plans...maybe about $374.90 to be exact. The CSR initially came up with the $74 extension for three years, but when I insisted on the 7 years discounted, she put me on hold and got help to find it. I was only a little more than a month after initial delivery, but had ot ascertain if the Starlink remote would actually work in our driveway because we're in a very low/spotty signal area because of "geology". (IE... a big, bit rock between us and the antenna) It works...the Ascent apparently has a nicely sensitive cellular receiver...and I cancelled the fob-based remote which only cost a little more than the 7 year subscription.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dealer wont budge I have a deposit on a 2020 Ascent Premium and he wont back out the price of the remote start from the deal and insert Starlink. He has offered me my money back though.

This was my price point:
2020 Ascent Premium with 8 passenger and Package 12 - Convenience package
Selling Price: $34,417 includes Key Fob Remote Start and Trailer Hitch
The Invoice price (from Costco Auto Program )of the Remote Start is as follows:
REMOTE ENGINE STARTER - PUSH START [+]
-inc: Part number H001SXC000
$277

·
Registered
968 Posts
I want to know before I walk into a dealer. You never negotiate without knowing what the cost is first.
7 years is $199.95 for Safety Plus, $374.90 for Safety & Security Plus, $585.85 for Concierge level

This is introductory pricing and ONLY available within the first 180 days after delivery date.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts