Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else signed up for the starlink safety security plus that features the mobile remote start via starlink app?

I got it to work great yesterday no problem then today it’s erroring out. I call support and they said the car was still registered to the dealership and may take 1 business day to activate. Ok but then why did it work yesterday? Anyone run into this? When did the remote services start working successfully and consistently?

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
Has anyone else signed up for the starlink safety security plus that features the mobile remote start via starlink app?

I got it to work great yesterday no problem then today it’s erroring out. I call support and they said the car was still registered to the dealership and may take 1 business day to activate. Ok but then why did it work yesterday? Anyone run into this? When did the remote services start working successfully and consistently?
Yep, mine worked the first day (Saturday), then stopped working (Sunday). I've gotten errors ever since.

·
Registered
764 Posts

This is a known issue that was supposed to be taken care of with an over the air update. But that was 2 weeks ago. I don't know what has/hasn't progressed since then.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Well that’s disappointing. Hope they fix this soon
Teething pains.

Welcome to the, well, we thought it would work right, and it should work right, so we're not sure why it doesn't work right, but we WILL get it to work right.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Teething pains.

Welcome to the, well, we thought it would work right, and it should work right, so we're not sure why it doesn't work right, but we WILL get it to work right.
Has worked fine for me...on 4 different devises....since Saturday...just started it again...slick as a whistle...tells me exactly where my wife is at with the car...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well that’s disappointing. Hope they fix this soon
Teething pains.

I have no doubt but would have been nice to know it’s a more widespread issue. I wonder what areas are effected or why it works for some and not others....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mines has been working since day one. I hope the app gets upgraded though to allow quicker access to remote start instead of the tedious steps.

1 - Open up
2 - Log on using saved credentials
3 - Click Subaru Starlink
4 - Click on Start/Stop Engine
5 - Click on Engine Start
6 - Enter 4 digit PIN
7 - Wait
*Way too many steps!

I rather the app take advantage of the iPhone Touch ID (or Android equivalent) to open the app. Then put the Engine Start as the 1st option since that is what I think most customers will use this for. Have PIN integrated to Touch ID as well. With these changes, remote starting the Subaru will be much more convenient.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did some more testing and it appears to work from my mobile browser (safari) but not from the app itself. Sounds like the app needs some updating.

Agree with the above the workflow and ease of use can be improved and now that more of us Will actually be using the app now I bet it will get better sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mines has been working since day one. I hope the app gets upgraded though to allow quicker access to remote start instead of the tedious steps.

1 - Open up
6 - Enter 4 digit PIN
7 - Wait
*Way too many steps!

It’s not really useful with all those steps. My Toyota step 1. Pull out key step 2. Hold down auto start. Kind of wishing I could get my money back on it.

Would be nice if they added Touch ID, lock screen short cut, short cuts for warm or cold presets.

Also trying to figure out how to get it working with multiple user profiles.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Can you go into more detail about the subscription? I've been over the cars101 site, and it's a little confusing. Is it $5 monthly once your trial ends, or do you have to subscribe to it yearly? I don't mind around $60 per year for it - but it's kind of steep at $120 and recurring if it's truly $10/month. While $10 won't break the bank, it'll be a cause of frustration, especially when the car is 20 years old and I'll have spent $2400 on the feature.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You can go the 4.95 per month upon ending the free 6 months....or go for the yearly and save a little....I went for 7 years...figures out at 53.56 yearly...it’s your choice....I set it up with dealer at delivery. No sales tax involved on mine.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You can go the 4.95 per month upon ending the free 6 months....or go for the yearly and save a little....I went for 7 years...figures out at 53.56 yearly...it’s your choice....I set it up with dealer at delivery. No sales tax involved on mine.
Hold on a minute....I think I may be wrong about this....I am currently trying to contact my dealer to get clarification. Looked at my contract and it has an expiration date of 6/27/2025.....that was for 374.90...so it would seem that that price included the free trial period....it could be that the monthly at 4.95 begins on day one.....I now agree with your assessment that the pricing is a bit confusing....

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
Starlink is up and running again, on app and website. :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

1 - Open up
6 - Enter 4 digit PIN
7 - Wait
*Way too many steps!

I rather the app take advantage of the iPhone Touch ID (or Android equivalent) to open the app. Then put the Engine Start as the 1st option since that is what I think most customers will use this for. Have PIN integrated to Touch ID as well. With these changes, remote starting the Subaru will be much more convenient.
"Siri, remote start the Ascent"

Can you do that?

·
Registered
931 Posts
"Siri, remote start the Ascent"

Can you do that?
Please, call Subaru and make this suggestion. Or at least have a widget of some kind, that would be cool - to access it from your Control Center.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts