Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I plug in my iPhone, the STARLINK app opens up. I need to clear it before I can use google maps. It is annoying. Is there any way to prevent this short of deleting the app from my phone? Thanks

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Delete Starlink entirely from your phone. There's no need for it when you have a Smartphone. And, welcome to the club of people who made the mistake of installing it, who were fooled by the name, thinking it was required.

I'm a member of that club too. :ROFLMAO: ;)

Starlink and Aha (or any other phone connection app) are unnecessary for any Android device that supports Android Auto, or for any Apple device that supports Carplay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Was going through my iPhone apps, and stumbled across the Starlink app. Never used it before, although I do use the MySubaru app from time to time to start my car remotely. Since I don't like having unused apps on my phone, I went to the app store to see if I could learn anything about it. Of course, the reviews are horrible, and made me want to follow Robert's advice and just delete it from my phone, which I did. Can't see any difference in how the car behaves or how stuff works, so all good.

So a follow up question, is there a way to delete the app from the car itself (the head unit or big screen?), or is that just not worth the effort? If deleted, does it change the car's behavior in any way? Really like the way the car performs now, since I had the two recall corrections.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Was going through my iPhone apps, and stumbled across the Starlink app. Never used it before, although I do use the MySubaru app from time to time to start my car remotely. Since I don't like having unused apps on my phone, I went to the app store to see if I could learn anything about it. Of course, the reviews are horrible, and made me want to follow Robert's advice and just delete it from my phone, which I did. Can't see any difference in how the car behaves or how stuff works, so all good.

So a follow up question, is there a way to delete the app from the car itself (the head unit or big screen?), or is that just not worth the effort? If deleted, does it change the car's behavior in any way? Really like the way the car performs now, since I had the two recall corrections.
I don't think there's a way to delete apps from the head unit. I just moved all the junk apps to a different page - you can at least do that. I also put a shortcut to the EQ/fader settings on the first page - I find that helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts