Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see a way to do this, but maybe I'm just missing something.

I used my Starlink remote start today for the first time. Really nice, we got the Ascent a few days ago and we finally turned it on and let it warm up a bit, at least the seat heaters got to kick in.

But when we got outside we could hear the radio playing loudly. Of course, when I came home the previous day I was really cranking the tunes.

But this could be a little obnoxious if you turn it on early in the morning. Is there a way to turn the radio off or even just down when you start the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Only solution I know is to make sure to turn the volume down before exiting the car when you park it.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
The head unit will start up that way whether you remote start or manually start. As the previous poster mentioned, the only solution is to lower the volume before you leave the vehicle the night before.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
Sigh... oh well, certainly a 1st world problem!
This is a well documented concern for many folks relative to the radio auto-playing every time the vehicle is turned on. The "only" solutions are to either tune to the SXM "0" channel which is "blank" or to lower the volume manually before turning off the vehicle. The vehicle will always start with the radio volume at whatever it was previously. There is no "turn it off" for the head unit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a well documented concern for many folks relative to the radio auto-playing every time the vehicle is turned on. The "only" solutions are to either tune to the SXM "0" channel which is "blank" or to lower the volume manually before turning off the vehicle. The vehicle will always start with the radio volume at whatever it was previously. There is no "turn it off" for the head unit.
SXM channel zero is fine, since I almost always use CarPlay for audio. Great tip, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.