Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us who like and use the paddle shifters, the Stark paddle extensions are one of the best aftermarket accessories around. I can now confirm that they fit the Ascent. I figured they would, as the paddle shifters in the Big A look like the same size and shape as the ones in the Crosstrek. I can now confirm they are indeed, as my new Stark extensions fit perfectly. I bought mine from Amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
Do they interfere with the heated steering wheel paddle on the Touring?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they interfere with the heated steering wheel paddle on the Touring?

No clue, as I don't have a touring. However, all they do is attach to the back (front? Heck, the sides of the paddles facing the front of the car :D ) of the paddle shifters and allow you to actuate the paddle from a greater range of positions along the steering wheel, so I would imagine they would have no effect on any heating elements. They don't actually touch the wheel directly.

Edit: I see you're referring to a heated paddle of some kind. I'll have to see where that is to know if the extensions reach that far. If more images would help, I can do that once I get my Big A back from the dealership.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't see how. All three paddles rotate with the steering wheel, and therefore maintain the same spacing at all times. I frequently hit the steering wheel heater by mistake instead of the up shift paddle when turning to the left.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I don't see how. All three paddles rotate with the steering wheel, and therefore maintain the same spacing at all times. I frequently hit the steering wheel heater by mistake instead of the up shift paddle when turning to the left.
You don't see how what?

You nearly make my point. You hit the heater on/off paddle by mistake on occasion and if the extenders make it so you can hit it from more parts of the steering wheel there could be interference.

Bottom right:

·
Registered
26 Posts
From what I see of the extenders, they attach only to the shifter paddles, and extend upwards when the steering wheel is in the neutral position.

The steering wheel heater switch, like the shifter paddles are attached to the steering wheel, and rotate with it when you turn it, so the extenders are always pointing "away" from the steering wheel heater switch, no matter what position the steering wheel itself is in.

If I misunderstood your question, my apologies.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The extensions do extend down as well, but that's harder to show in a pic. I advise anyone with the heating paddles to hold off until I get my car back and we can work out if there is enough space to avoid interference.

Edit: I can say that they do not interfere with the levers/paddles on the bottom left used to change and set the center display stuff, so I'm guessing that they won't interfere with the heating paddle either. To be sure, I'll try to take better pics when I get my Big A back (hopefully this evening). She's gettin a factory hitch installed :D

Edit 2: Here's a pic of the side with the dash display controls as a reference for how far down the extensions.... extend.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
I did a video...

I did a video. Spoiler (for those who don't want to watch through the unbox and installation), they clear the heated steering wheel lever fine. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice Robert. Thanks very much for this. I left a message on Stark's site confirming for them that the extensions work on the Ascent's, but they might be interested in linking to your video if you want to let them know about it. I can say if it were me, I'd link to your video showcasing my product in a heartbeat :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts