Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how these things sit driver height wise compared to say a Pilot or Atlas. Do you feel like you sit higher than you do when you are in an Outback? My wife likes that SUV kind of feeling when she is in traffic and we might not be able to drive one of these for quite a while in our area so I was hoping someone could give me an informed opinion.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I wouldn't imagine it sitting much higher than any other comparable 7 seater. Most of them feature pretty similar ground clearance and seating positions. Here's a look at the Ascent's dimensions if that's of more use to you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That does help, especially if I can find one for some other vehicles. My wife doesn't care about ground clearance so much as about being able to look down at the cars around her.

·
Administrator
7,814 Posts
I'm 5'10". I could lower the seat in the early production demo (Jan 2018 build) so low that I couldn't see well over the hood. I could raise it so high that my neck had to be tilted and my head was still touching the ceiling.

So... it's entirely up to you/her! She/you can be staring into the gauge cluster, or looking down on everyone, with your head touching the ceiling.

(that was in the Touring with the Touring seats)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm 5'10". I could lower the seat in the early production demo (Jan 2018 build) so low that I couldn't see well over the hood. I could raise it so high that my neck had to be tilted and my head was still touching the ceiling.

So... it's entirely up to you/her! She/you can be staring into the gauge cluster, or looking down on everyone, with your head touching the ceiling.

(that was in the Touring with the Touring seats)
And with the touring you can also set the seat for two people and each can select their seat setting.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
243 Posts
And with the touring you can also set the seat for two people and each can select their seat setting.
Can you also program those seat memory for each of the Key Fobs? So basically a "his and hers" key that auto-magically adjusts the seats to whoever is using it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Can you also program those seat memory for each of the Key Fobs? So basically a "his and hers" key that auto-magically adjusts the seats to whoever is using it.

I would think that you can since that is how it works now with our outback, its a super nice function really.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts