Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Deciding between Premium and Limited.

Power rear gate, Rear Shades and seat durable seat material is a must as I have kids.

I know Power Rear hatch is an option for Premium.

-Subaru claims cloth seats in Premium to be "stain free". How effective is it? or is it just a gimmick? Stain free but not water resistant or proof, correct?

-Limited has slide up shades for rear windows as seen in Minivans. Can you get these in Premium?

Thanks!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hi,

-Limited has slide up shades for rear windows as seen in Minivans. Can you get these in Premium?

Thanks!
When I ordered my Premium, I was able to order it with the slide up shades. When I got it they were not installed as Subaru is backordered on the parts. Ironically the hooks for holding up the window shade WERE installed!

Others have said you can't order it from the factory that way, but it is a dealer installable item. Either way you should be able to (eventually) get them on a Premium.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Hi,
...-Subaru claims cloth seats in Premium to be "stain free". How effective is it? or is it just a gimmick? Stain free but not water resistant or proof, correct?...

Thanks!
My guess is that the "stain-free" seats are simply treated with a fabric guard such as Scotch Guard. No big deal, you can easily do this yourself.

You can purchase the slide-up shades as an accessory. Check the Subaru accessory pamphlet or online.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The sunshades are available for install on the premium but they will set you back I believe around $300. As for the seats I doubt they are truly stain resistant. If you have a good dealership uou could try and bargain for them to reupholster your seats to leather. My wife and I were able to get our dealership to reupholster our seats for around $1200. And for those wondering we saved about 4K and weeks of waiting going this route.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.