Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took our Ascent in a local Vancouver
Canada dealership to look at a few things. They could not resolve any of our concerns. (Sigh... but this post is not about that experience, its what happened after the visit)

We noticed that after their "check-up", our eyesight forward collision detection is not as sensitive as before. And, more noticeable, when we back into our parking spot in our condo, it used to beep and show on the infotainment screen where the obstacle is (ie. there is a pillar on the left and it used to detect it by beeping and showing a yellow-or-red patch on the left side of the rare back up image). There is also another parked car on the right and it used to pick it up as well.

I'm not sure why this function stopped now. It's a radar based system right? So even if the car is rained on (heavy rain weather in Vancouver BC) with water drops on the car, would it impact the back up sensor detecting the pillar and the parked vehicle on either sides of our parking stall? We live in a condo and the parking is very tight. The Ascent used to pick up close by objects. It no longer does and it is after the dealership visit.

We brought it back to the dealership advising them the eyesight and the detection change and they kept telling us our car is fine. Could it have been impacted by the check ups they did?? We are at a loss for any explanations. There isn't any eyesight "sensitivity level " or the SRVD adjustment level either... your advise is appreciated!

·
Registered
646 Posts
was the RAB disabled by chance? How do you know the eyesight is not as sensitive?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was the RAB disabled by chance? How do you know the eyesight is not as sensitive?
The RAB is on. And we noticed because there is a parkade gate that we need to get very close in order to scan our fob. We at times approach the gate a bit faster than rolling speed, and before the dealership visit, the eyesight would pick up that gate and show and sound warning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Canada dealership to look at a few things. They could not resolve any of our concerns. (Sigh... but this post is not about that experience, its what happened after the visit)

We noticed that after their "check-up", our eyesight forward collision detection is not as sensitive as before. And, more noticeable, when we back into our parking spot in our condo, it used to beep and show on the infotainment screen where the obstacle is (ie. there is a pillar on the left and it used to detect it by beeping and showing a yellow-or-red patch on the left side of the rare back up image). There is also another parked car on the right and it used to pick it up as well.

I'm not sure why this function stopped now. It's a radar based system right? So even if the car is rained on (heavy rain weather in Vancouver BC) with water drops on the car, would it impact the back up sensor detecting the pillar and the parked vehicle on either sides of our parking stall? We live in a condo and the parking is very tight. The Ascent used to pick up close by objects. It no longer does and it is after the dealership visit.

We brought it back to the dealership advising them the eyesight and the detection change and they kept telling us our car is fine. Could it have been impacted by the check ups they did?? We are at a loss for any explanations. There isn't any eyesight "sensitivity level " or the SRVD adjustment level either... your advise is appreciated!
We

were you able to get this problem resolved? i took my touring in for the 6K oil change and check up and now my eyesight is not working properly. My presets for my XM stations were gone, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts